Coral Vue Hydros

Clownfish pair

MattL87

My current tank is a 14 gallon peninsula from IM, it has a yellow watchman goby and a cleaner shrimp in it. Two snails and 1 hermit. 

My SO would like something actually swimming around since the watchman just sits in his cave. Could we add a pair of clowns, or would 3 fish and a shrimp be to much for a 14g. 

Link to my tank. 

I think u can. Just don’t over feed and keep water changes consistently.

u can also just get one clown or a whole different fish that likes to swim maybe royal grama, fire fish, dotty could be aggressive tho. Yellow tail damsel could also be aggressive. 

8 hours ago, Brianr24 said:

I think u can. Just don’t over feed and keep water changes consistently.

u can also just get one clown or a whole different fish that likes to swim maybe royal grama, fire fish, dotty could be aggressive tho. Yellow tail damsel could also be aggressive. 

Truthfully I could really careless about the first part, I just enjoy the corals. The girlfriend is the one that wants something to "look" at haha. I feel like one clown in a tank would be lonely. I do a 5g water change very 2 weeks which is about 35-40% of the tank volume. I could switch that up to once a week to help with a clown pair. Or if people feel like 3 fish is to much in a 14 gallon I can just tell her tough luck and enjoy the shrimp 😂

2 hours ago, MattL87 said:

Truthfully I could really careless about the first part, I just enjoy the corals. The girlfriend is the one that wants something to "look" at haha. I feel like one clown in a tank would be lonely. I do a 5g water change very 2 weeks which is about 35-40% of the tank volume. I could switch that up to once a week to help with a clown pair. Or if people feel like 3 fish is to much in a 14 gallon I can just tell her tough luck and enjoy the shrimp 😂

Yeah I think you can handle a pair of clowns. I was just saying maybe don’t get tunnel vision on a pair of clown or nothing there is some other good options. 

I’m no expert but if I wer u, and u get a pair of clowns. I would definitely not over feed and start with weekly three gallon water changes. Really u should make ur girlfriend do them. Lol

I’m actually cycling a 15g cube at the moment. That is pretty much my plan. I’m taking my existing clown from another tank and going to get another for a pair in 15 g. With all nems.........well I do change my mind about it every two hours tho so who knows. Post if u get them good luck 

6 hours ago, Brianr24 said:

Yeah I think you can handle a pair of clowns. I was just saying maybe don’t get tunnel vision on a pair of clown or nothing there is some other good options. 

I’m no expert but if I wer u, and u get a pair of clowns. I would definitely not over feed and start with weekly three gallon water changes. Really u should make ur girlfriend do them. Lol

I’m actually cycling a 15g cube at the moment. That is pretty much my plan. I’m taking my existing clown from another tank and going to get another for a pair in 15 g. With all nems.........well I do change my mind about it every two hours tho so who knows. Post if u get them good luck 

Yeah she definitely has tunnel vision, not sure what it is about people and thinking every saltwater tank needs clown fish. 

I want a sixline wrasse to eat the billions of copepods in the tank. I think they need at least 30 gallons though. 

What do you do for pod control that covers your glass in a nano tank?