Keeper of my nieces Ocean

10g waterbox

Krish87

Awesome thread! Loved it.

And man .... Fireshrimp on leather corals! Urgh! I have the problem. The shrimp certainly doesn't pick on it, but for sure the coral is pissed off when there is the shrimp messing with it. All polyps close out, and are back only when the shrimp gets off it! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Krish87 said:

Awesome thread! Loved it.

And man .... Fireshrimp on leather corals! Urgh! I have the problem. The shrimp certainly doesn't pick on it, but for sure the coral is pissed off when there is the shrimp messing with it. All polyps close out, and are back only when the shrimp gets off it! 

Thanks! Mine stopped doing it over time, the leather is growing like a weed again. Who knows, maybe the shrimp saved its life!

Never seen the mummy eye puff up like this, it just had a mix of mysis and reefroids. This was a week ago and its done great since.

Duncan is hiding from the clowns... Im looking at those glass cups to put an anemone in to give the clowns somewhere to call home, they have been testing certain corals out recently which i dont want.

The leather is growing into the glass and other corals. I want to force it to be taller and trimmer to take up less real estate, kinda like kelp hopefully. There should be at least 2 frags 3-4 inch long after the trimming if anyone wants one. 

Screenshot_20190903-212405_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20190903-211849_Gallery.jpg

20190901_155931.jpg

• Like 2

Wonderboy

Everything looks wonderful - very nice photos! 

• Like 1

Ratvan

That Mummy Eye is amazing 😍

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Wonderboy said:

Everything looks wonderful - very nice photos! 

thanks, i just use my Samsung s9 camera in the "Pro" setting. I know nothing about photography i just use this setting cause you can adjust the light spectrum to 10,000k. Normal setting is like 6500k, 10,000k still isnt right but the pics come out pretty true, they do seem a little bright tho.

11 hours ago, Ratvan said:

That Mummy Eye is amazing 😍

thanks. im going for the orange color you can get with just the right light. too much light it turns pink, not enough it says green.  ive seen the pink color in another tank and dont like it, its a powdery pink, nothing cool. 

• Like 1

The sharknose goby was stressing out my acans so it was removed. Got the clowns an anemone because they have been testing out corals to host, not today clowns. Was just told it was a bubbletip, can anyone id it? They had a bright yellow one, i thought it was that color cause it was unhealthy. It was the same price, i think i made a YUGE mistake haha. This one is nice and happy tho, its all good. 

Do any waterbox owners know if the sicce 1.0 fits in the waterbox 10? I have been looking on forums for that answer for a while and cant seem to find the info.

Looks like something is eating my mummy eye chalice, doing to dip it in revive tonight. Any suggestions on what's going on or better dips? I moved the other chalice that was on top to the bottom in back, want to see how it responds. 

Screenshot_20190922-140011_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20190922-135726_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20190922-135910_Gallery.jpg

20190922_141034.jpg

• Like 1

William

That’s a rainbow bubble too, it is supposed to be that color, the yellow one is significantly more rare, typically. 

• Like 2

Did my quarterly coral binge on a live sale with Worldwide Corals and its been an interesting experience. 

Heres what i got

AOI zoas

Space Chaos zoas

Gobstopper zoas

Mohawk zoas

WWC Oceans 11 enchinata

Green monti (came pretty much bleached out)

One of the zoa frags was off the plug and 3 others had aptasia. Not what i paid top $ for... they offered store credit or to replace the corals. I took the replacement options but no word as to when they will send them.

In the mean time i got a peppermint shrimp because the aptaisa was stuck in the zoas. It worked as the zoas have opened and theres no more visable aptasia, for now. I tried removing the peppermint shrimp with the bottle trick and everything, spent hours. Couldnt get it out of the tank.... Yesterday i walk up to see the 2 clowns beating the crap out of my fire shrimp and the peppermint shrimp eating both the fire shirmps claws! (Separate from body). Managed to get the fire shrimp out of the tank and got it in the back chamber. Any thoughts for evicting this peppermint shrimp?

Screenshot_20191024-144608_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20191024-144624_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20191024-144641_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20191024-144717_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20191024-144809_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20191024-144839_Gallery.jpg

• Sad 1

Anyone else see green coming thru on the jawbreaker? Its probably a little bigger than a nickel now, they grow up so fast. 

20191109_122910.jpg

Screenshot_20191110-150329_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20191110-145421_Gallery.jpg

• Like 4

Drove down to san diego to see aqua sd in person, pretty cool place. Got a "mini scolly" for $50, its not that small either!  Ive also been wanting some alveopra so i picked some up and some nice pink palys to add to the paly/zoa rock.

Ooo, i donated my female clown to Ali at my LFS "Amazing Reefs and Aquariums" in Orange (check it out on reefbuilders) and he now happily hosts a giant clam. I just wanted some diversity and she was bedding sand all over the acan. I replaced it with a royal grama. I also have a less than one inch six line now.

I started an instagram called @thelifeaquarium if you wanna follow me that way

Screenshot_20191202-161357_Gallery.jpg

20191201_182452.jpg

20191201_182015.jpg

20191201_182006.jpg

20191129_174615.jpg

20191127_210251.jpg

• Like 1

Xdub4314

Followed your Instagram! This is a great tank you have. Something gave me the impression you were a beginner but you really know what you are doing!

5 hours ago, Xdub4314 said:

Followed your Instagram! This is a great tank you have. Something gave me the impression you were a beginner but you really know what you are doing!

Thanks! DM me if I didn't follow back. I am a beginner so thanks i think hahaha

• Like 1

Tank is just coming back from some temp swings that were my fault. Recently had a salinity issue as well. Im thinking more volume and really like the 30 breeder dimensions. If they ever have it in a $1/gallon deal its a sign haha

20191213_204801.jpg

20191213_204525.jpg

20191213_204413.jpg

20191207_191023.jpg

• Like 2