Top Shelf Aquatics

What is wrong with my acans?? Help! (Pictures)

HingleMcCringleberry

HingleMcCringleberry

I bought this three-headed frag of acans 2 days ago. They seemed pretty happy until now. I even fed them some frozen mysis last night. but there was always this one corner that seemed to be releasing a little bit of slime into the water. That'ss what corals do when they've recently been disturbed and moved" I said to myself, and I assumed it would just wash away. Then today I got back from work and found that corner oozing lots of slime and can see some exposed skeleton! the other heads seem very happy; no recession as far as I can tell. And even the oozing head seems happy besides. But something is clearly wrong. Did I tear the polyp pacing it in the tank? Is it infected? can I blame this on water chemistry and lighting? I need a diagnosis and I feel like I need to act fast based on how suddenly this injury appeared.IMG_1466.thumb.JPG.3d8d7be0b135a1476e9eb0b35fc41603.JPG856651673_IMG_09992.thumb.JPG.77be943a9ebbcec707fabfe7a86d47ed.JPG951525278_IMG_04612.thumb.JPG.2befd97b64787948275fd3558046f5ef.JPGIMG_1424.thumb.JPG.7280eb6f9f788994b9d11e5166926f2e.JPG 

IMG_1022 2.JPG

Looks like the good portion is in a shadow?  I'd say acclimate it to light a bit more. Probably all the parameter changes along with more intense light is bothering  it.  

HingleMcCringleberry
3 minutes ago, patback said:

Looks like the good portion is in a shadow?  I'd say acclimate it to light a bit more. Probably all the parameter changes along with more intense light is bothering  it.  

Are you saying to move it more out of the light or into the light?

9 minutes ago, HingleMcCringleberry said:

Are you saying to move it more out of the light or into the light?

Out. When in doubt always give less light than you think with a new addition. 

Certain LEDs will have acclimation modes. 

• Like 1
HingleMcCringleberry
1 minute ago, patback said:

Out. When in doubt always give less light than you think with a new addition. 

Certain LEDs will have acclimation modes. 

ok, but they're already at the bottom and in the shade. Even so, I'll try dimming the lights i suppose.

HingleMcCringleberry
55 minutes ago, NuisanceAlgaeCultivator said:

Anything in the tank that may be picking at the exposed part? 

Tank inhabitants are 2 clowns, an algae blenny, a sand sifting star, a serpent star, and an assortment of hermit crabs and turbo snails. Nothing else so far and no nearby corals.