ReefCleaners.org

Little Blue Nano 2.5 build - overflow 4 AWC drilled

A Little Blue

A Little Blue
55 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

I need to see more of that Boom Box. 😊

Will do. Need to clean up basement after the flood. Return some equipment to Home Depot and then I’ll have few hrs to shop corals and snap few pics. 

• Like 1
A Little Blue

A bit out of breath (sowy). Just took old 300lbs water heater out from the basement by myself. 🙁

Boombox spects:

Custom (with my name) Sure Audio Bluetooth 4.0 Amp board and auto battery supply/charger. 

Play time: approximately 24hrs at moderate volume. 

Aux IN, volume control, 12V power supply, battery supply by 3X 3.7V batteries, Mark Audio Full Range drivers. 

• Like 3
  • Wow 2
22 minutes ago, A Little Blue said:

A bit out of breath (sowy). Just took old 300lbs water heater out from the basement by myself. 🙁

Boombox spects:

Custom (with my name) Sure Audio Bluetooth 4.0 Amp board and auto battery supply/charger. 

Play time: approximately 24hrs at moderate volume. 

Aux IN, volume control, 12V power supply, battery supply by 3X 3.7V batteries, Mark Audio Full Range drivers. 

That is awesome! 

Nice jams too. 😀

• Like 1
A Little Blue
4 minutes ago, spectra said:

Hell if you can build that you can build a stand :wink:

Nice!!!!!!

Probably. Build my own tube amps, turntables...... renovated both houses but I can’t weld ☹️

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
A Little Blue
Just now, WV Reefer said:

That is awesome! 

Nice jams too. 😀

Thanks. Don’t have any playlists on my phone since moving everything to cloud. 

I’m more of a vinyl kinda of a guy anyway.  

• Like 3
15 minutes ago, A Little Blue said:

Probably. Build my own tube amps, turntables...... renovated both houses but I can’t weld ☹️

Its pretty easy if using wire........tig not so bad either.........stick can suck at times.........

• Like 2
A Little Blue
Just now, spectra said:

Its pretty easy if using wire........tig not so bad either.........stick can suck at times.........

I’m not a patient man. I would probably electrocute myself. 

• Haha 3
15 minutes ago, A Little Blue said:

AWC overflow test:

Damn this is pretty damn awesome build.. love the flow solution too!!! Definitely not "old school cool"... 🤙thank god for that.. dunno how I missed this but I will be following along now..  oh and the videos are definitely appreciated.  Keep them coming. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
43 minutes ago, A Little Blue said:

AWC overflow test:

That's really cool. Is that a fail safe for ato? Either way good thinking if something were to go wrong.

• Thanks 1
A Little Blue
55 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

That's really cool. Is that a fail safe for ato? Either way good thinking if something were to go wrong.

Without it, I would’ve had to purchase another Apex DOS doser. Not an option at the moment but I do have a spare pump on one of my DOS dosers. 

So, that spare pump will pump fresh salt water from SW storage into this tank (+-1gal per day). And instead of using another DOS pump to take exactly the same water volume out, it will simply drain into this overflow and out of the house via dedicated drain. 

Drilled holes are more than enough to take care of the slow inflow via Apex DOS, but top of the overflow is 1/8” lower the top edge of the tank just in case of blockage or other unexpected event that might blocked those inflow holes. 

1 hour ago, FISHnChix said:

Damn this is pretty damn awesome build.. love the flow solution too!!! Definitely not "old school cool"... 🤙thank god for that.. dunno how I missed this but I will be following along now..  oh and the videos are definitely appreciated.  Keep them coming. 

Thank you and no worries, this tank isn’t competing in “2.5 old school” thingy. 

• Like 3
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
30 minutes ago, A Little Blue said:

Without it, I would’ve had to purchase another Apex DOS doser. Not an option at the moment but I do have a spare pump on one of my DOS dosers. 

So, that spare pump will pump fresh salt water from SW storage into this tank (+-1gal per day). And instead of using another DOS pump to take exactly the same of water volume out, it will simply drain into this overflow and out of the house via dedicated drain. 

Drilled holes are more than enough to take care of the slow inflow via Apex DOS, but top of the overflow is 1/8” lower the top edge of the tank just in case of blockage or other unexpected event that might blocked those inflow holes. 

Oh nice. Very creative sir. I wish I was creative lol.

• Like 1
A Little Blue
12 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

Oh nice. Very creative sir. I wish I was creative lol.

Just trying to be efficient. 

Remember the macro algae reactor that was planned for this build? It is not going to happen. 

My 30gallon nano demand for nutrients export seems to escalated to the point beyond my present filtration capability. 

So, algae reactor will go on 30gal long tank to help out with that little issue. 

Therefore, I need to redesign filtration for this tank. In short, it will be super simple. 

Hopefully, it will be enough to keep it going. 

• Like 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
8 minutes ago, A Little Blue said:

Just trying to be efficient. 

Remember the macro algae reactor that was planned for this build? It is not going to happen. 

My 30gallon nano demand for nutrients export seems to escalated to the point beyond my present filtration capability. 

So, algae reactor will go on 30gal long tank to help out with that little issue. 

Therefore, I need to redesign filtration for this tank. In short, it will be super simple. 

Hopefully, it will be enough to keep it going. 

I'm sure you'll be ok with this set up. Gotta keep the 30 moving along in the right direction so that's a good call. Can't wait to see this thing grow. 😀

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, A Little Blue said:

So, that spare pump will pump fresh salt water from SW storage into this tank (+-1gal per day). And instead of using another DOS pump to take exactly the same water volume out, it will simply drain into this overflow and out of the house via dedicated drain. 

Yea I caught the no competing part. seems like there is too many unnessary rules for me.. who wants a janky tank anyways 🤔?  

• Like 1
A Little Blue
28 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

I'm sure you'll be ok with this set up. Gotta keep the 30 moving along in the right direction so that's a good call. Can't wait to see this thing grow. 😀

Yeah, that 30gal tank is priority at the moment. 

This 2.5gal is just a side thingy. 

Don't need to make it an unnecessary distraction. I don’t see why it wouldn’t work. If basic parameters are kept stable, it should be no issue. How stable anyone can keep tank this small is another topic entirely. 

33 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

Yea I caught the no competing part. seems like there is too many unnessary rules for me.. who wants a janky tank anyways 🤔?  

Seems like fun project for a lot of ppl so I’m not knocking. Just not my thing that’s all. 

• Like 1
On 4/7/2019 at 4:10 PM, A Little Blue said:

Ah, a tube guy huh?

Here's my daily driver- 6n2p/6CW5 with toroidal power transformers as outputs, ~20-25 watts output (I forget exactly how much, but it doesn't really matter) and clean.

iyhgdi.jpg

• Like 3
A Little Blue
25 minutes ago, Lingwendil said:

Ah, a tube guy huh?

Here's my daily driver- 6n2p/6CW5 with toroidal power transformers as outputs, ~20-25 watts output (I forget exactly how much, but it doesn't really matter) and clean.

iyhgdi.jpg

That’s a push/pull with super sweet tubes. What is the signal output tube?

my fav is 6922. And I drive my full range drivers with single ended 300b monos. 

A Little Blue
2 minutes ago, Lingwendil said:

6n2p, it's pretty much a 6 volt russian 12AX7 of sorts, but sounds like a 6SL7 🙂 Cheap too.

It has been years since Ive build anything but I am still familiar with most tube characteristics. I think I have a preamp with 6SL7 tubes in it. 

Last preamp I’ve tried to build was Dodd Audio battery powered preamp. 

Russians tubes are way better then almost anything coming out of China. 

Have a bunch of various NOS tubes from way back. Not sure what they’re worth now. It has been a while since I bought anything tube related. 

I have build few speakers and turntable as well. But that was also a while back. 

Another expensive hobby. Lol

I have some very nice Feastrex clone 12" fullrange drivers to build up next, but they are ~$330 a pair (I won them in a raffle) so I'm eventually building a couple towers for them with some nicer wood. Other than that I've been into building amps mostly, although I've done a few sets Karlsonator speakers in foamcore board that are real giant killers 🙂

A Little Blue
3 minutes ago, Lingwendil said:

I have some very nice Feastrex clone 12" fullrange drivers to build up next, but they are ~$330 a pair (I won them in a raffle) so I'm eventually building a couple towers for them with some nicer wood. Other than that I've been into building amps mostly, although I've done a few sets Karlsonator speakers in foamcore board that are real giant killers 🙂

$330 is not bad in comparison to what originals cost. Might be worth trying them out. I was mostly into SD horn designs. 

Still got modified 208 Fostex and Tang Band 8inch drivers awaiting some attention. Lol 

Not familiar with Karlsonator design..... or perhaps it has been too long and forgot all about it.