Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Tail Spot Blenny Question

Mike P

Going to add a new fish today, would a tail spot blenny get along with a citrinis clown goby? My tank is a fluval evo 13.5 and i think it’s finally time to add another fish but want something peaceful.

I picked up the tail spot Blenny after work today. Once he gets settled I will take a picture of him, he’s already found himself a nice little cave 🥳. I’m just going to have these 2 fishes until I get my larger tank in a couple of months.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Legendary Corals said:

Hopefully he settles in well, they're a bit shy at first but once out they're complete puppies.

He’s already come out, the goby though has been staying close to him and watching what he does. Hope all is good and that he’s not being aggressive to the new guy

I also added a Pom Pom crab but I doubt I will get a picture of it. As soon as I put him in the tank he ran into one of the many holes in my rock and vanished. 🙁 kind of wanted to see him before that happened

23 minutes ago, Snow_Phoenix said:

My 5" Starry blenny is close friends with my 2" green clown goby as well. They're as thick as thieves, actually. Always stick close by to each other. 

My starry blenny and my citron goby are like best friends too...I thought that was odd 

• Wow 1
Snow_Phoenix
5 minutes ago, Privateer said:

My starry blenny and my citron goby are like best friends too...I thought that was odd 

You'd think with the size difference, once would bully the other or something, but mine get along very well. I've observed them hanging out in the same coral colony together several times as well. And neither has ever shooed the other away at any point of time, even though they're both perchers. 

14 minutes ago, Snow_Phoenix said:

You'd think with the size difference, once would bully the other or something, but mine get along very well. I've observed them hanging out in the same coral colony together several times as well. And neither has ever shooed the other away at any point of time, even though they're both perchers. 

Mine will swim together, look for each other, eat together and on occasion perch together. There was some very minor bullying on the blenny part the first day they were introduced but since then best buds.

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, Privateer said:

Mine will swim together, look for each other, eat together and on occasion perch together. There was some very minor bullying on the blenny part the first day they were introduced but since then best buds.

What kind of food does your blenny eat?

He eats Hikari mega marine algae and mysis shrimp and nori sheet. And on the occasion that I thrown flake in he will eat that too. At first he’d only eat the nori though.

• Thanks 1

TSB’s sre great little fish! Lot’s of personality, non-aggressive ( unless messed with). My Ocallaris used to try to bully mine. He’d grab her by the lip and shake her. She finally got the message and left him alone. My Yellow Goby and he got to be real pals. Supplimenting his diet with Nori will keep it healthy. Just make sure to remove any uneaten as it can cause nutrient spikes. My Clown Goby eats it too.

• Thanks 1