Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

New Nano

Willzs

Another slight update. I've been having issues with a couple of deadspots in the tank so I bought another powerhead, unfortunately this didn't solve the issue so I went and bought a glamorca gyre pump. This has definitely solved the problem but I can't run it any higher than 20% without blowing the sandbed around!

2 hours ago, Willzs said:

Another slight update. I've been having issues with a couple of deadspots in the tank so I bought another powerhead, unfortunately this didn't solve the issue so I went and bought a glamorca gyre pump. This has definitely solved the problem but I can't run it any higher than 20% without blowing the sandbed around!

Sometimes it's more about powerhead placement than the amount of flow.

In my 25g I have had to play around a lot because of my aquascape and corals

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Another small tank update; 

The gyre pump is working great and all the corals seem to be growing.

Had a slight issues with overdosing NOPOX and just getting over that now, just hoping my frogspawn recovers?

Also I'm about to start dosing vibrant to finally get rid of the last of the hair and bubble algae. Hopefully this works and I'll let you know how I get on with it.

Finally here is a full tank shot.

20200207_120520.jpg

• Like 2
  • 9 months later...

So I just realised I hadn't updated this thread since February so here's a current FTS.

Not much has changed really, I've been using the Orphek OR bars over the tank a while now after replacing the TMC Photons and there have been a few coral additions especially as the goniporas didn't survive. The lights are good but are a bit too blue for my liking.

Whilst everything seems healthy nothing is really growing at the moment so I've just sent off an ICP test to see if there's any issues there. My gut thought is that the light just isn't bright enough for the SPS so I'm thinking of swapping out one of the OR bars for a Hydra 32hd but still not sure if it'll be enough light? I guess time will tell with that one.

20200923_091801.jpg

• Like 2
20 minutes ago, Willzs said:

Anyone know how I can get this thread moved to the journal section?

@Christopher Marks should be able to hook this up

On 11/14/2020 at 11:10 AM, Willzs said:

So I just realised I hadn't updated this thread since February so here's a current FTS.

Not much has changed really, I've been using the Orphek OR bars over the tank a while now after replacing the TMC Photons and there have been a few coral additions especially as the goniporas didn't survive. The lights are good but are a bit too blue for my liking.

Whilst everything seems healthy nothing is really growing at the moment so I've just sent off an ICP test to see if there's any issues there. My gut thought is that the light just isn't bright enough for the SPS so I'm thinking of swapping out one of the OR bars for a Hydra 32hd but still not sure if it'll be enough light? I guess time will tell with that one.

20200923_091801.jpg

Which Orphek bars are you using? Both reef or are they the day versions? 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Bella Smith said:

Nice! Love your tank. I have a question: I have a filter in my 10 gal so do I need to add a air pump?

Thanks. I've never run an air pump on any of my marine tanks. I get enough gaseous exchange with surface movement and my skimmer.

• Like 1

So today I swapped out the orphek bars for an evergrow it5080. I'm currently running it at 30% on the ab+ program and I'm much happier with it. I'll increase it over the next few weeks and see how the corals respond and update you then.

20201119_164911.jpg

• Like 4
On 11/18/2020 at 2:20 AM, Willzs said:

Thanks. I've never run an air pump on any of my marine tanks. I get enough gaseous exchange with surface movement and my skimmer.

That's a weird account.  It's like a message board chatbot.  Or an Eastern European account(same thing?)

39 minutes ago, farkwar said:

That's a weird account.  It's like a message board chatbot.  Or an Eastern European account(same thing?)

Yea I thought it sounded a bit odd?

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

So the tank seems to be happy under the new lights. Unfortunately my goby jumped out the other day and the kids are wanting me to add some clownfish. Currently there are 6 lyretail anthias, 1 yellow tang, 2 banded gobies and 2 leopard wrasse. Would the 2 clowns be too much?

• 2 months later...

So I've been struggling to set the flow from my gyre the last few weeks. It's either too much for my lps and not enough for my sps or a few weeks later it gets dirty and I have the opposite problem. Any suggestions?