Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

New Nano

Willzs

Hi all

So after a few years out the hobby I'm setting up a 100L 81cm x 36cm x 45cm (LxWxH). So far I've got the tank and some dry rock so know I've got a few bits left to source.

Light wise I'm looking at the 150W Ledzeal Malibu S as I've heard good reviews.

Skimmer I'm looking at the Reef Octopus 100 HOB.

The tank itself is a Juwel aquarium so has their built in corner filter. My thoughts with this is I'm going to keep it there as it hides the heater and has the filter pump in for circulation. I was also going use a bag of rowa and carbon in their too.

What are peoples thoughts and suggestions on this?

• Like 1

My only suggestion is get an MP10 for your display area circulation. It's a little overpowered for a 20g-ish but you won't have to run it at full strength so it should last longer. You'll have no cord running into the display area and the speed/mode controls are awesome.

25 minutes ago, WhatsReef said:

My only suggestion is get an MP10 for your display area circulation. It's a little overpowered for a 20g-ish but you won't have to run it at full strength so it should last longer. You'll have no cord running into the display area and the speed/mode controls are awesome.

Yea I'm looking at circulation pumps this afternoon. i had 2 of the MP40s before and they were great pumps

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

Sorry about the delay in updates. Here is the tank to date, all settled in and running well. Had a couple of light issues and a small flood along the way mind!

20190609_133157.jpg

• Like 3
On 6/9/2019 at 2:26 PM, Kenjo12 said:

Got questions what is this growing on my live rock is it bad or good for the tank

C50C7302-3C38-42C6-9A50-19846C3277E1.jpeg

7C4CB838-3138-4431-A36D-D2433471104F.jpeg

Looks like sponges to me. They're a good thing

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...

So unfortunately I had a bit of an issue over the weekend and lost both my clowns and royal gramma. They were fine on Friday but all died by Monday. There was no sign of anything on them and the rest of the fish seem fine so I'm a bit unsure of what happened? With this I'm not going to add any more fish for a month and see what happens with the remaining fish. The current stock is a scooter blenny, twinspot blenny and red banded goby. 

Any recommendations on what fish to add next so I can do some research?

• 1 month later...

So I've been having a few issues recently and think I've ended up with whitespot in the tank. So because of this I've got hold of a slightly bigger tank and I'll be running it for 8 weeks with no fish in before reintroducing them.

This is the new setup:

20190828_090300.jpg

• Like 2
On 9/9/2019 at 3:30 AM, BioCube Newb said:

How do you like those lights, would you recommend them?

I really like them. I had a slight software issue setting them up manually but after speaking with TMC got that sorted easy enough. Will see what coral growth and colour is like over the next few months though. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, kimdawg said:

Tank looks good, what size is the new tank.  I like the rock work.  I have never been able to find any flat rock in any LFS.

Thanks. It's 90cm and about 200L after the rock etc. Some of the flat rock is artificial, just need it to green up a bit now.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

So I thought I'd better add a little update as I haven't for a while. Tank is going well, SPS are basing out and Acans are growing new heads. Just need the last bit of hair algae to die off and the few patches of bubble algae to go. 

Here are a few of the current inhabitants:

20191207_123705.jpg

20191207_123656.jpg

20191207_123654.jpg

20191207_105625.jpg

20191207_105603.jpg

• Like 4