Top Shelf Aquatics

to majano or not to majano? that is really my question.

campbell_wat

campbell_wat

So, call me crazy, but I went to my lfs and picked out 4 of the prettiest majanos I saw, bagged them up, and got some great eye candy for free. In a pico tank dominated by sofites (waving hand and gsp and kenya tree) I don't really care if they sting some parts. I think it would actually keep them in check. So far they've kept the gsp off of my fav piece of rock that I am saving from coral for some weird reason. Like a psuedo-maginot line (get it, cause the GSP will just go around). Anyway, a couple days later, I have been noticing, they are GORGEOUS, so many colors, like are they actaully even majano? Some expert input would be aweome thanks guys!

IMG_0189.JPG

IMG_3817.JPG

IMG_9546.JPG

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, campbell_wat said:

So, call me crazy, but I went to my lfs and picked out 4 of the prettiest majanos I saw, bagged them up, and got some great eye candy for free. In a pico tank dominated by sofites (waving hand and gsp and kenya tree) I don't really care if they sting some parts. I think it would actually keep them in check. So far they've kept the gsp off of my fav piece of rock that I am saving from coral for some weird reason. Like a psuedo-maginot line (get it, cause the GSP will just go around). Anyway, a couple days later, I have been noticing, they are GORGEOUS, so many colors, like are they actaully even majano? Some expert input would be aweome thanks guys!

IMG_0189.JPG

IMG_3817.JPG

IMG_9546.JPG

Looks like it to me.  I think they are so pretty and they don’t seem to spread as fast as aiptasia. 

• Like 2
Nano sapiens
18 minutes ago, campbell_wat said:

So, call me crazy, but I went to my lfs and picked out 4 of the prettiest majanos I saw...

I've always liked these anemones (as opposed to Aiptasia...which get immediate eradication treatment from me), just never had them enter any of my tanks.  Even if they can be somewhat invasive, I'd keep a few and just remove any that might spring up in unwanted places.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Nano sapiens said:

I've always liked these anemones (as opposed to Aiptasia...which get immediate eradication treatment from me), just never had them enter any of my tanks.  Even if they can be somewhat invasive, I'd keep a few and just remove any that might spring up in unwanted places.

I’ve had just about everything but majanos. I tried to buy some from the LFS and they thought I was crazy. 😊

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Majanos....I kept the pretty ones before. Not bad to maintain In a small tank but would be a nightmare in a big one so they get a bad rap.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
campbell_wat
9 hours ago, TatorTaco said:

@campbell_wat, I found this post through searching for majano anemones.  Could you share where you purchased these from?  

I popped into my LFS "Liquid Kingdom" in Broomfield CO (small mom and pop business, they don't ship), and one of their tanks is just overrrun with GSP, poop brown palys, kenya tree and these gorgeous majano. I asked for as many as they could pull off the rock and they tossed them in free with the couple snails and hermits I bought. 

8 hours ago, campbell_wat said:

I popped into my LFS "Liquid Kingdom" in Broomfield CO (small mom and pop business, they don't ship), and one of their tanks is just overrrun with GSP, poop brown palys, kenya tree and these gorgeous majano. I asked for as many as they could pull off the rock and they tossed them in free with the couple snails and hermits I bought. 

Thanks for your reply!  That's a shame they don't ship.  😞

• Like 1