Innovative Marine Aquariums

White dots on glass

St3

I have loads of white dots on glass, they hardly move when and if they do it’s very slow, I have a healthy population of pods all over my tank, these things are different I get a feeling that there some type of micro slug or something has anyone any ideas, 

i have had the pods gather on my glass before like I said these are different

image.jpg

image.jpg

Sorry I have no filter for photos

Hard to tell from the pics but they might just be a common little tube worm that's harmless.  Or little snails, I forget the name of. Also harmless. 

MainelyReefer

Copepods, this description is a general sweeping statement for a huge variety of microfauna.  Likely just a different pod than you first learned about 

59 minutes ago, St3 said:

I have loads of white dots on glass, they hardly move when and if they do it’s very slow, I have a healthy population of pods all over my tank, these things are different I get a feeling that there some type of micro slug or something has anyone any ideas, 

i have had the pods gather on my glass before like I said these are different

image.jpg

image.jpg

Sorry I have no filter for photos

Hard to tell really from that pic but If you are sure it’s not pods it could be flatworms. Several types will show up on the glass first. Usually they are harmless. 

Thank you for your replies, they seem to cone and go, they might be off the glass for week weeks at a time is it possible they could be part of the cycle off the pods larvae or something 

• Like 1

As everyone else said, it's impossible to tell from the picture. It could be pods, flatworms, hydroids, etc. Nearly everything it could be is harmless and will boom and decline as your tank matures until everything is at a happy balance. Best thing is to do nothing.

Don't be surprised if you random other critters popping up here and there and then disappearing as the tank matures.