inTank Media Baskets

Jabao Doser 3.4 (Jebao WiFi Dosing 3.4) replacement of DP-4 ?

SkullKill

anyone seen this?

Jabao Doser 3.4 (Jebao WiFi Dosing 3.4)
can't see any specs for it yet

looks like a replacement of the Jabao DP-4 ??

https://www.fish-street.com/jebao-wifi-dosing-34

image_show.php?item_id=998&type=super&vc

advertised as USD$120.00

cheaper alternative to the Coral Box WF-04 WIFI Dosing Pump USD$179.99

was waiting for the Red Sea ReefDose to come out, but this also looks interesting.

Like many things in the hobby dosers  are expensive as hell(often overpriced even imo simply because people are willing to spend in this hobby).

I think I'm going to go Tropic Marin all for reef with a kamoer X1 Bluetooth. Then get a second if/when I need to move to 2 part. 

Picked up the normal DP-4 for $60, going to try it out. The wifi version is neat but too expensive for jaebo. When I get too a certain $$$ I would just go with a better brand.

The little wifi dosers look neat, but two is still $120. I thought about the all-in-one so I would only need 1 doser but technically BRS 2 part is so cheap over time I could have just gotten a really nice doser for the cost of the more expensive 2part/all-in-one products or a used controller to do multiple things with BRS dosers. 

I still may drop the DP-4 for something programmable from a phone/wifi as tinkering to adjust a DP-4 is probably annoying, we will see. 

I think too much. 

I don't want to bother with having to mix 2 part. I'm lazy. If/when I go 2 part it'll be esv.

As for the x1 dosers, 120 bucks for 2 seems like a good deal, considering the convince and functionality of the app and the ability to dose as little 0.5ml spread out over 24 hours. 

I think they have a limit to how many times you can dose a day vs other dosers but couldn't find any other short comings. 

ESV is still p cheapish. ESV is probably what I am using on the SPS tank with Apex and brs on the lps tank with jaebo but I also have a feeling programming the jaebo will piss me off and I will return it (yay Amazon). Lol

I am a cheapass because I have 4 tanks 🤣 my sps gets the nice stuff and the rest get 💩

48 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

Picked up the normal DP-4 for $60, going to try it out. The wifi version is neat but too expensive for jaebo. When I get too a certain $$$ I would just go with a better brand.

The little wifi dosers look neat, but two is still $120. I thought about the all-in-one so I would only need 1 doser but technically BRS 2 part is so cheap over time I could have just gotten a really nice doser for the cost of the more expensive 2part/all-in-one products or a used controller to do multiple things with BRS dosers. 

I still may drop the DP-4 for something programmable from a phone/wifi as tinkering to adjust a DP-4 is probably annoying, we will see. 

I think too much. 

For me dilution is the solution 🤣.. jeabo isnt super accurate at low doses .. but if you dilute your 2 part well I have been good with this solution

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Weikel said:

For me dilution is the solution 🤣.. jeabo isnt super accurate at low doses .. but if you dilute your 2 part well I have been good with this solution

From what I have read you just program it differently and it is accurate with small doses.  I think to 50ml instead of 100?

5 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

From what I have read you just program it differently and it is accurate with small doses.  I think to 50ml instead of 100?

Ha I guess a small dose is subjective.. my tank only uses 4ml a day so when I double that it seems to hold my levels well🤣

2 minutes ago, Weikel said:

Ha I guess a small dose is subjective.. my tank only uses 4ml a day so when I double that it seems to hold my levels well🤣

I mean is if you calibrate it at 50ml instead of 100.. you can dose 1ml at a time accurately (larger doses will be off). So you just dose 4 intervals of 1ml each to get 4ml accurately. Another user posted about it awhile back. 

1 minute ago, Tamberav said:

I mean is if you calibrate it at 50ml instead of 100.. you can dose 1ml at a time accurately (larger doses will be off). So you just dose 4 intervals of 1ml each to get 4ml accurately. Another user posted about it awhile back. 

Ahhh I see .. I am more about leaving a little room for error.. if I dilute by half then it works better for me 😁

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Weikel said:

Ahhh I see .. I am more about leaving a little room for error.. if I dilute by half then it works better for me 😁

Glad to hear it is working for you though, mine came today and I'm going to mess around with it.

$60 for 4 heads is one hell of a deal and people seem to report they mostly work correctly. I am hoping since it is just a LPS tank I won't have to get too fancy. 

Still, we will see if the programming pisses me off lol

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

Glad to hear it is working for you though, mine came today and I'm going to mess around with it.

$60 for 4 heads is one hell of a deal and people seem to report they mostly work correctly. I am hoping since it is just a LPS tank I won't have to get too fancy. 

Still, we will see if the programming pisses me off lol

Well the the programming is super straight forward.. I couldnt be more happy with the interface 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Tamberav said:

I think they have a limit to how many times you can dose a day vs other dosers but couldn't find any other short comings. 

ESV is still p cheapish. ESV is probably what I am using on the SPS tank with Apex and brs on the lps tank with jaebo but I also have a feeling programming the jaebo will piss me off and I will return it (yay Amazon). Lol

I am a cheapass because I have 4 tanks 🤣 my sps gets the nice stuff and the rest get 💩

The x1 can dose up to 12 times a day. 

• Like 1
  • 11 months later...

yesterday I realized that the red lights were on and the green lights were off. I think because of the loss of signal with internet. The settings remain or does it stop dosing?

• 1 month later...

Thread resurrection time!

So has anyone opted in for the WiFi Jebao yet?  It's been out and it's been updated a few times (apparently) but I still don't see many/any posts on it.

Is it me or is Amazon the cheapest place to get the old DP4 now?  Seems WAY cheaper than anywhere else?  Is Jebao shafting our industry suppliers, or am I missing something price-wise somewhere else?