ReefCleaners.org

New to dosing. Opinions on testing.

BrandonD32

What does everyone use for Calcium, Alkalinity, and Magnesium testing? I am torn between Salifert and Red Sea right now. I have a 20 long currently that is starting to become SPS dominant. I have always just dosed 2 part manually without testing much. I am going to be buying a doser and would like to know the pros and cons to both of these brands.

I hate the red sea mag test and really like the salfert mag test.. I use red sea for ca and alk and have no problems with it , i have yet to try salfert. 

Hanna Checkers are probably the most accurate (but expensive). However, I feel Salifert, Giesemann and Red Sea are close enough/good enough for most hobbyists' needs.

I've used red sea and salifert, they are pretty much bang on the same with results.

Api wasn't far off from them but api doesn't give spot on numbers like 8.8(example)

I use 

Hanna for phos and alk- I like the digital factor and its fast testing with the hanna.

I test alk the most so I like to use the hanna.

Salifert for ca and mag.

I use salifert, api, or any kit for nitrates.

• Like 1