SaltCritters.com

10 gal Nano hitchhikers

SuP3rMaN0814

SuP3rMaN0814

Just started up my 10 gal nano about a week and a half ago.  I was looking over the live rock tonight and noticed these little guys hanging out.  It’s been a while since I’ve had a salt tank.  Are these problematic or ok to stay?  Figured better to take care of them now if need be 😜

DEE5F383-83A2-48D9-B843-CD734249571D.jpeg

1 minute ago, SuP3rMaN0814 said:

Just started up my 10 gal nano about a week and a half ago.  I was looking over the live rock tonight and noticed these little guys hanging out.  It’s been a while since I’ve had a salt tank.  Are these problematic or ok to stay?  Figured better to take care of them now if need be 😜

DEE5F383-83A2-48D9-B843-CD734249571D.jpeg

Hydroids. 

just superglue over them.

Cut down on your feeding....especially small foods. 

Just now, SuP3rMaN0814 said:

Thanks for your help!

No problem. Most hydroids don’t harm anything. If they are bothering corals you can tweeze them out. Since you aren’t feeding they will probably die off quicker than normal. 

SuP3rMaN0814

Sweet. I’m only about 12 days into cycling so I haven’t a need to feed anything.  Water is looking good and have diatoms growing so all seems to be going in the right direction fingers crossed lol 

• Like 1
Just now, SuP3rMaN0814 said:

Sweet. I’m only about 12 days into cycling so I haven’t a need to feed anything.  Water is looking good and have diatoms growing so all seems to be going in the right direction fingers crossed lol 

Start a tank journal so we can follow along. 😀

• Like 1