Innovative Marine Aquariums

Animal bean overflow help

akish5

This is the type of overflow system I went with on my 125 with the synergy reef box. So I have my main siphon, and another siphon with the hole on top of the 90* for air and my emergency overflow. Right now I can’t get it dialed in right.  either both siphon lines are open half and half or my second overflow is opened 80% and my main 20% or the other way around. Am I doing something wrong or is this normal for this kind of overflow?

It sounds to me that you should only be restricting one drain pipe (your full siphon).  Then you have another drain that handles the small amount of overflow not handled by the siphon drain.  The last drain is simply for emergency purposes only; when running properly, the emergency drain should be dry.

8 hours ago, seabass said:

It sounds to me that you should only be restricting one drain pipe (your full siphon).  Then you have another drain that handles the small amount of overflow not handled by the siphon drain.  The last drain is simply for emergency purposes only; when running properly, the emergency drain should be dry.

Yeah this Is how it’s basically running now. I never really had any problems with it how it is now except only one filter sock is collecting more junk than the other one.