SaltCritters.com

Another Fluval Spec V

thepominlaw

thepominlaw

Just in the early stages of setting up my Fluval Spec V, no fish planned just shrimp, coral and possibly some macro algae. Shrimp from my max nano and needed new home.

Just buying bits at the moment, things progressing slowly at this stage.

Fluval Spec V White

InTank Media Basket

404 or 606 pump (both arrive tomorrow)

Hydor Theo 25w Heater

D-D Heating Controller

Hydor Koralia 900 (add if needed)

2kg Branch Rock

Purigen

Seachem Matrix

Tank seems we’ll made except base, plastic seems flimsy presumably it’ll take 20kg of water

9507871A-26DE-4D5F-8AC1-8794344527EB.jpeg

• Like 2
thepominlaw
29 minutes ago, NuisanceAlgaeCultivator said:

Neat Branch, these make for some pretty cool builds. Good luck!

4 branches stuck together 😊 didn’t help I dropped the big piece 😩

thepominlaw

Hole in front panel siliconed today, eggcrate arrived to sit rock on. Well known online company messed up my pump order opened box to find ready to use fondant icing bags instead of pumps. Not impressed still they refunded money and I get to keep icing, anyone want a green cake 😊. New pump ordered hopefully arrives tomorrow. 

NuisanceAlgaeCultivator
5 hours ago, thepominlaw said:

Hole in front panel siliconed today, eggcrate arrived to sit rock on. Well known online company messed up my pump order opened box to find ready to use fondant icing bags instead of pumps. Not impressed still they refunded money and I get to keep icing, anyone want a green cake 😊. New pump ordered hopefully arrives tomorrow. 

Hahaha good stuff!

The more I see the branch rock, the more I like it in an aquascape. Better flow and you don't get that cluttered pile of rocks look. There are some really great scapes on NR, but there are some real "crappy" ones as well.

I like more open space and simplicity than a mountain full of blah. Good choice, and good luck with the build!