Coral Vue Hydros

New 5 gallon reef!

TatiannaC

Hello everyone, this is my new 5 gallon reef set up. I’m planning on it being a mainly Lps and soft coral tank, depending on how well the light sustains everything. It’s been set up for about a month and a half. I just added 2 new captive bred clowns about 2 weeks ago- they’re about a year old already, and doing great! I have yet to do a water change since adding them, and my water is perfect thus far. While I understand that it’s very controversial to keep clowns, especially 2 in such a small tank, I’m planning on upgrading to a 25 gallon tank in about 8 months (I already have the tank, just no where to set it up). I also added 2 very small mushroom coral frags a few days ago.

Thanks everyone for viewing!

Equipment:

Fluval Evo V

Theo 50 watt heater

Hydor Koralia 240 powerhead

Unknown thermometer from amazon

Stock light

Stock return pump

InTank media basket 

Aquamaxx dry rock (about 4 lbs)

Caribsea “live” sand Bahamas oolite (about 5 lbs in tank)

In media basket:

Chemipure Blue

InTank filterfloss

Livestock: 

5 gallon snail only clean up crew from reefcleaners 

2 Ocellaris clownfish

2 Unknown mushroom corals

DB81E8AC-1018-4B15-AA5C-471B3C65CA84.jpeg

0FF37D7B-5E1E-4CC9-B284-3D35B45D7C32.jpeg

DC4A669D-58A6-43F7-9D6E-22F12F6EF110.jpeg

1A2E5581-58C3-4B77-A2D3-F83DBB1A6BD4.jpeg

A8A6C5E7-01FF-4CA6-9DDE-492DC55F9F3B.jpeg

61331730-6093-4136-91E7-97178EBD38C6.jpeg

57C1DED1-0E8C-4CA2-A02E-CE04F66937D5.jpeg

• Like 1

Welcome to NR. That is a nice starter tank. Are going to keep this tank stock and concentrate on equipment for the 25? Are you making your water or buying premixed? Good luck with your tank. Any questions let us know.

8 hours ago, debbeach13 said:

Welcome to NR. That is a nice starter tank. Are going to keep this tank stock and concentrate on equipment for the 25? Are you making your water or buying premixed? Good luck with your tank. Any questions let us know.

Thanks! Yep. I'll definitely be keeping this stock, and just transferring them to the new tank once it's set up. I will probably be adding a bunch more corals to the 25 though, as it will have a better light (nano box duo). As of now, I'm mixing my own water with distilled water and IO salt crystals. My salinity sits low (about 1.023) at the moment, because that's what the clowns were kept at at the fish store. I will be slowly bringing it up over the next month. Thanks a bunch!

• Like 1