Cultivated Reef

Would you trust this?

CanYouHearMeMeow

CanYouHearMeMeow

My 10g is sitting on this IKEA table,no bowing whatsoever. I had a 300 pound person stand on this table and it didn't creak. I just bought a 20L and was wondering if you think this is a good idea before I set this new tank on there to switch out the 10g. The table frame is metal . What do you guys think? I just don't know what the weight threshold is for the necessity of a middle brace in a stand.

Attached a pic of the table for reference ! 

Note: their website does not list weight limits on this product

IMG_3826.PNG

CanYouHearMeMeow
49 minutes ago, patback said:

If it's made of real wood I would say you have no worries. How thick is it?

It's particle board mixed with other things. At least an inch thick I'd say. Maybe 2 at most

How does the bottom rim of the tank line up with the metal bracing under the tabletop?  If it's close, I wouldn't worry.

Try your best not to get it wet, as particle board doesn't hold up to water the greatest.  I might be tempted to polyurethane the top.

• Like 2
CanYouHearMeMeow
3 hours ago, seabass said:

How does the bottom rim of the tank line up with the metal bracing under the tabletop?  If it's close, I wouldn't worry.

Try your best not to get it wet, as particle board doesn't hold up to water the greatest.  I might be tempted to polyurethane the top.

I'll have to set it on top today and see how it lines up. I just needed a temporary set up for a month or so until I get a new stand. It says that the tabletop is coated in clear acrylic lacquer