Innovative Marine Aquariums

Broken Coral, I messed up... suggestions?

ReeferWade

So I got this frag today that I thought was a brain coral. It was on a frag plug and I don't like to leave them on unless I have to and it seemed to have a little separation where I thought I could pry it off..... WRONG....  without even too much force it did pop off but left the outer ring of its skeleton on the plug. While kicking myself very hard for the stupid mistake I attached it to my rock anyway and was hoping it would still survive. What are other people's experience with this? 
1764152661_image14.thumb.jpeg.7dafc599d8d95811e0669bad5969e2c4.jpeg

Frag Factory

You will probably be ok, brain corals are fairly hardy.

Keep in mind these things get cut up by band saws and glued down. What you have done isn't too different.

6 minutes ago, Frag Factory said:

You will probably be ok, brain corals are fairly hardy.

Keep in mind these things get cut up by band saws and glued down. What you have done isn't too different.

Thank you, does it look like a brain coral to you? Pattern doesn't seem to match to me but I'm far from an expert. 

Frag Factory
1 hour ago, ReeferWade said:

Thank you, does it look like a brain coral to you? Pattern doesn't seem to match to me but I'm far from an expert. 

I really can't tell from the image, there are lots of species that are "brains". It looks bit like a Leptoseris to me.

If you can get a slightly better photo someone will be able to help.

burtbollinger

not too clear with the pic, but id recommend low light, low flow and feed every few days for any damaged coral like that...and patience