Innovative Marine Aquariums

Aquascape opinions

Wafflecopter

Wafflecopter

So Im getting close to setting up my 10 gallon and wanted some opinions on the aquascape i have planned. Mainly want opinions on how this will affect flow and also asthetics. All constructive criticism is welcome.

IMG_20190310_160952.jpg

IMG_20190310_160958.jpg

IMG_20190310_161002.jpg

• Like 2

the back wall is going to be difficult to clean with the scape pushed up against it.  The scape itself is fantastic in my opinion.  If you could figure out a way to hold that top rock in place, instead of pushing it against the wall, I think youll be very happy!!

• Like 3
Wafflecopter

Yeah i was worried about it causing maintanance issues but dont want to move it too far forward as Im hoping the scape will give a cascading effect with the flow since im only using the aquaclear 70 as flow and doing the fuge mod to it. Ill pick up some epocy and glue the two together and move it away enough to get a scraper back there.

47 minutes ago, Wafflecopter said:

So Im getting close to setting up my 10 gallon and wanted some opinions on the aquascape i have planned. Mainly want opinions on how this will affect flow and also asthetics. All constructive criticism is welcome.

IMG_20190310_160952.jpg

IMG_20190310_160958.jpg

IMG_20190310_161002.jpg

I like it 😀

I think it looks great! Give yourself some room to be able to get at that back wall and you should be good to go. Are you going to do a tank journal?

Wafflecopter
1 hour ago, WV Reefer said:

I like it 😀

Thanks. I was trying to go for a "less is more" approach plus with it being a peninsula style I figure the "wall of rocks" look wasnt a good one. Hopefully ill have good areas for coral placement. I plan on transferring over my hammer, trumpet, ricordia and sinularia over and let my 2.5 gal be a quarantine/fragging tank. Or make it a rock flower anemone tank.

• Like 1
Wafflecopter
Just now, thetonyage said:

I think it looks great! Give yourself some room to be able to get at that back wall and you should be good to go. Are you going to do a tank journal?

I'll probably post some pics when its setup and when I get something new but most of the logging will be done on paper. I made a post for my 2.5 gallon when I set it up and looking back at it im amazed at the growth. I made alot of beginner mistakes with that tank but as long as I dont repeat them then itll be okay. I plan on letting it cycle with the glass blacked out for a month then add a clown and seed some coraline and let that sit for a month then turn on the lights and add a couple corals over from my 2.5. Any light reccomendations under $150? I was thinking kessel a80 or the hipagero light that ive heard alot of people talk about. Im mostly doing softies and lps and MAYBE an sps way off in the future. 

• Like 1

Hey, I've got pretty much the same setup as you. 10g with AC70 and Hipargero, even a similar scape! :lol: So far, I've got a sinularia, some zoas, a ricordea, and a mushroom. 

One little gadget that I've really liked for cleaning the tank is the Flipper Cleaner. Slim profile, so it fits pretty much everywhere on the glass.

I like your scape!

IMG_20190310_175751376.jpg

Wafflecopter
10 minutes ago, Firefish15 said:

Hey, I've got pretty much the same setup as you. 10g with AC70 and Hipargero, even a similar scape! :lol: So far, I've got a sinularia, some zoas, a ricordea, and a mushroom. 

One little gadget that I've really liked for cleaning the tank is the Flipper Cleaner. Slim profile, so it fits pretty much everywhere on the glass.

I like your scape!

IMG_20190310_175751376.jpg

Love your scape. How long have you had it setup? Ill definitely be looking into that scraper. Does your shrimp take food from your hand? I had one in an older fowlr tank that would eat out of my hand. I gave him to the lfs when my ex fiance made me shut down my tank.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Wafflecopter said:

Love your scape. How long have you had it setup? Ill definitely be looking into that scraper. Does your shrimp take food from your hand? I had one in an older fowlr tank that would eat out of my hand. I gave him to the lfs when my ex fiance made me shut down my tank.

Thank you! It's six months old now, my first saltwater tank. I haven't had a ton of money to put into corals, so it's been going slowly. Things are doing well though.

It's a peppermint shrimp I got a few weeks ago. Yeah, it eats out of my hand. It'll pick my nails and cuticles if I let it too. It's been a good inhabitant. My only complaint is that sometimes it tries to steal food from the corals. Not really a problem though.

Wafflecopter

So last big question before I put water in. Ive noticed some gaps between the tan and stand and wanted to know if theyd cause a problem and if so a good solution. As you can see i can force 2 credit cards in at the fromt right corner and only one in the back left corner. 

IMG_20190311_082523.jpg

IMG_20190311_082502.jpg

IMG_20190311_082446.jpg

IMG_20190311_082420.jpg

Wafflecopter
4 hours ago, kimberbee said:

I thought about using something like that but my concern was the foam would give the appearance of being level but it would still have the same gap since the foam wont compress as much where the gap is compared to other areas. Correct me if im wrong but with the rimmed tanks dont you just need the 4 corners level and not necessarily the edges as long as there isnt a high spot creating a pressure point?

40 minutes ago, Wafflecopter said:

I thought about using something like that but my concern was the foam would give the appearance of being level but it would still have the same gap since the foam wont compress as much where the gap is compared to other areas. 

But that's literally what the product is for, helping to level out small gaps.