SaltCritters.com

Reefbrite 50/50 lumilight pro

Underworld2.0

Underworld2.0

Over a 2g pico? Has sperate dimmers 

Mainly softies, low light lps ? 

Seems like everyone loves reefbrite for supplement but what about the 50/50 for a pico? 

Underworld2.0
On 3/9/2019 at 9:35 PM, jbb_00 said:

Will be WAY too much light , I have 2 24" actinic over a 65g along with a nanobox duo

The fixture I'm talking about is the lumilight pro 50/50 8" 

Over a 2.5g tank

I like that it has individual dimmers 

So for me it's a toss up between that or a abi tuna blue. 

Reefbrite says it's more then sufficient for a 2.5 and should be ideal for that size.

My worry is that the abi will have light spill all over the room and this fixture would be more contained so to speak .

Has anyone actually used the 8" fixture ? 

4 minutes ago, Underworld2.0 said:

The fixture I'm talking about is the lumilight pro 50/50 8" 

Over a 2.5g tank

I like that it has individual dimmers 

So for me it's a toss up between that or a abi tuna blue. 

Reefbrite says it's more then sufficient for a 2.5 and should be ideal for that size.

My worry is that the abi will have light spill all over the room and this fixture would be more contained so to speak .

Has anyone actually used the 8" fixture ? 

My apologies, I didn't realize they made them that small as 24" is the smallest I've seen. 

The abi will definitely have light spill not to mention a hot spot in the middle of the tank. 

A Little Blue
5 minutes ago, jbb_00 said:

My apologies, I didn't realize they made them that small as 24" is the smallest I've seen. 

The abi will definitely have light spill not to mention a hot spot in the middle of the tank. 

They have 8inchers. I think they even have 4” supplemental spot lights. 

A while back I was thinking about their UV 4” spots but change my mind as they were asking $40 or $50 each. Way overpriced. 

For 2.5 gallons with softies and low light LPS almost any light will do. They need like 25-100PAR at the most. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Underworld2.0

So I would think this 8" would be ideal in case I want some Monti's later on because it's dimmable ( comes with dimmers ) could be set on a glass top and has the potential for some day/night effect 

A Little Blue
1 minute ago, Underworld2.0 said:

So I would think this 8" would be ideal in case I want some Monti's later on because it's dimmable ( comes with dimmers ) could be set on a glass top and has the potential for some day/night effect 

Montis are easy (easy on the light demand as well) so yeah, you should be fine. 

• Thanks 1