Pod Your Reef

HELP!!!

EthanPhillyCheesesteak

EthanPhillyCheesesteak

I just got home, and I went to look at my tank, and my purple long tip Anemone was stuck in my wavemaker?! I was able to get him out, but he looks mutalated. His base is torn, and his head and tentacles are also a mess! He’s not really moving either? He also smells like fish. Is there anyway that he could survive? I feel horrible😔.

image.jpg

EthanPhillyCheesesteak

I had to do a huge water change, and my dad decided to visit. He brought with him some frags and another anemone. This was not the time for these considering what just happened😔

This is a special situation and I hope it works out for the better but man it's hard to follow your tank. You have like 47 different threads for every topic that pops in your head. 

• Like 2
EthanPhillyCheesesteak
4 minutes ago, jbb_00 said:

This is a special situation and I hope it works out for the better but man it's hard to follow your tank. You have like 47 different threads for every topic that pops in your head. 

Yea I know, I just like to get out there. I just like to talk to people about this stuff.

23 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

:tears:

They can survive but if it starts smelling rotton/foul than I would pitch it so it doesn't pollute the tank.

It’s definitely starting to smell

Thrassian Atoll

I wouldn’t risk putting it back if it was me.  I would do a large water change and keep an eye on everything and your parameters.  

You need to get a cover for your circulation pumps.  

EthanPhillyCheesesteak
Just now, TILTON said:

I wouldn’t risk putting it back if it was me.  I would do a large water change and keep an eye on everything and your parameters.  

You need to get a cover for your circulation pumps.  

I already did a large water change, 75%. I was just gonna use pantyhose for a cover, they are cheap, and I heard they work. I’m a little scared, bc my dad made a surprise visit and brought me an anemone and some frags. So I had to make a very large water change, or else those probably wouldn’t of made it.

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, jbb_00 said:

Lol I got lit up for making a similar comment. Granted this is a bit more "special"...a lot of posting asking for confirmation instead of accepting answers you don't like is what I'm seeing:/ sounds like a lot of your livestock is from Petco?

EthanPhillyCheesesteak
23 minutes ago, OverCookedRock said:

Lol I got lit up for making a similar comment. Granted this is a bit more "special"...a lot of posting asking for confirmation instead of accepting answers you don't like is what I'm seeing:/ sounds like a lot of your livestock is from Petco?

I got one thing from petco, and it was that one anemone. And a few hermit crabs. The petco around here is actually quite nice, they keep there tanks looking nice. Tho a few things that I would disagree with, they definitely aren’t the worst petco.

mitten_reef

So far I’ve seen a bunch of suggestions on to take that dying nem out of the tank. But guess what? our OP still hasn’t yet mentioned what he plans to do with it. 

😱😱oh no, something wrong please help!

7 minutes ago, EthanPhillyCheesesteak said:

I got one thing from petco, and it was that one anemone. And a few hermit crabs. The petco around here is actually quite nice, they keep there tanks looking nice. Tho a few things that I would disagree with, they definitely aren’t the worst petco.

Doesn't matter really. They all get their livestock from the same pool 

10 minutes ago, micoastreefing said:

So far I’ve seen a bunch of suggestions on to take that dying nem out of the tank. But guess what? our OP still hasn’t yet mentioned what he plans to do with it. 

Rip

EthanPhillyCheesesteak
7 hours ago, micoastreefing said:

I’ve taken it out of my tank. You don’t have to be so sarcastic about it. I took it out the minute that I saw it in the wavemaker. It’s in a bucket right now.

9 hours ago, OverCookedRock said:

I saw that and felt bad for you. I was going to say something but probably would have just escalated the situation, people are out of their minds lol.

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...