SaltCritters.com

Do all of the IM tanks have issues with the caddys

grinder143

I have seen a great deal of the IM AIO owners complain about water draining either too fast of too slow when using a caddy and floss. Is there a tried and true meathod to not have this happen . I want to get one but don’t need a headache. Maybe I have been reading too much into this but want to be sure before I pull the trigger .

Thanks

mike

That is great , I was looking at the 25 , maybe it is when they try to reinvent the wheel by change the pumps. Would be nice to know how much water the weirs can handle. 

I took the shelves out of mine and replaced them with pieces of egg crate. I think it helps the water flow through easier instead of channeling trying to go through the holes of the stock shelves. 

the two biggest reasons a caddy woudl malfunction or cause issues is if it's poorly designed or because it's being used incorrectly (ie. wrong media or the ratio of medias used is off).

I like the 30L too. hope to have one or something like it in the future.

when you buy the inTank basket, get the 4 wall, not the 2 wall...then there are no 'leaks' in the water flow/current through the filtration media.

I've never had the issue with my 30L, but I recently (2 weeks ago) got a 20 IM peninsula going and I have come across the issue first with the amount of floss I put in and an issue with the flow getting through the floss and a bag of Chemi pure. I just dropped the Chemi pure in the middle slot.. but that just further limited what I am going to be able to put back there.

That was what I heard or read . I have never had a AIO tank. . I have kept slumped tanks for probably over 30 years. They are pretty easy to regulate the in and out

I have an IM 20. The media baskets don't sit under the water flow. I cut off the bulbs of disposable pipettes and stick one behind the basket to keep it under the flow.

On 3/8/2019 at 10:41 AM, grinder143 said:

I have seen a great deal of the IM AIO owners complain about water draining either too fast of too slow when using a caddy and floss. 

Fake News. There's always going to be complains no matter what. That's why you have upgrades for just about everything out there. What works good for one person, is absolutely worthless to someone else. :rolleyes:

It's a great tank, I wouldn't let the stock caddy hold you back from purchasing it. But, that's JMO. :ninja:

1 hour ago, Kellie in CA said:

I have a 25 Lagoon with 2 inTank caddys.   Floss on both sides, a bag of Chemipure on one side. 500 gph return pump... no issues at all! 

If Kellie from Cali says it's good to go, I say it's good enough for the rest of us. :happydance:

Kellie and I say go for it, pull da trigger! Don't listen to all that "fake news b#$%^@#$". 🐒  (I couldn't find the symbol for "poop". So I emphasize with this monkey symbol, it was the closest thing that I could find that looked like it.) No offense little guy! Suggestion: Christopher Marks, we need a poop symbol on this site. fingerscrossed👍

I couldnt tell the difference in flow rate handling between the intank and custom caddies. I used just about every type of floss and pad, and they both would start overflowing (spilling water over the sides of the basket) within 24hrs from a sicce 1.5 and mj1200 in a 25. I like to see 100% of the water going through the overflow grate to go through the basket, but maybe thats just me 🤷‍♂️