ReefCleaners.org

EVOreef

748S911

In an effort to color up my coral to my liking I....

Mounted my lights 5 inches higher. For heat issues.

Changed my t5 schedule to 9 hrs on through the day.

Changed my led schedule to include heavy white in the morning, green and red midday and heavy blue allday and night until the moon lights kick in.  

Hopefully this colors them up nicely... 

I've been getting great growth so far on three hours of t5 and current led setting, this new schedule is gonna kick it up a notch. 

20190602_192423.jpg

20190602_184442.jpg

20190602_184550.jpg

• Like 1

Looking great in there! I love all the comparison pics you posted recently too. It's always super cool to see how things change so much when exposed to different lighting/conditions.

Thanks, it's def been a lot of fun keeping this reef with all the diy, growth and comparisons.  Learning a lot 🙂

Here is fix to my heat issue mounted fans to side to cool down aquarium. Tank was hitting 86 degrees some days.  

20190602_234023.jpg

Updates!

Finally dialed in my led and T5 fixture to my liking! 

Raised the fixture about 5 inches now the leds and T5 is mixing perfect now. Hopefully I start getting great coloration and growth now.  

Lowered flow back down to -50 to +30 (+faster intervals now 20 seconds from 1min) to help with evaporation issue and cut cpu fans time down too. I was using half gallon a day and since I dose kalk it was throwing off my water params.  

Might up flow back to 50 percent,  I will see how it goes with evap this week.  

• 2 weeks later...

It’s a sad day for the EVOreef today it’s offline and dry, it will be repurposed as maybe a QT tank not sure yet, all inhabitants are in my new 40 gallon build. If you wanna follow I’ll post the link up. 

EVOreef out mic drop... lol

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Evoreef is back online! 

I ordered a bunch of rock and sand. I’m gonna use this tank to cycle it, then transfer it to my 40G. I also ordered an Ecotech XR15 not sure what tank will use the XR15 but at least I have the lights for additional tanks. 

image.jpg

image.jpg