Top Shelf Aquatics

EVOreef

748S911

6 hours ago, yoshii said:

Man...is that a light fixture or a super tanning bed for your corals??

That thing looks crazy bright!

Yeah this light is cray... I’ve only had two tubes on and less than 40 percent power on leds. I cant wait to start using all 4 t5’s, and ramp up my leds to at least 80%

12 hours ago, 748S911 said:

My fromia star relaxing after a long day!  lmao🤣

IMG_4424.jpeg

That star is super cool looking! Do you know what part of the world those come from? And how big they get?

12 minutes ago, billygoat said:

That star is super cool looking! Do you know what part of the world those come from? And how big they get?

Fromia milleapora - red sea black tipped. Like 2.5 inches or 3. Perfect nano star....Just make sure your temp and water is stable, they are very sensitive. If not they will fall apart and foul up your water quickly!

• Like 1

I can tell you are just going through the motions at this point. Doing your obligatory thread update here while your heart truly belongs to the pico.  

• Haha 3
11 minutes ago, Tigahboy said:

I can tell you are just going through the motions at this point. Doing your obligatory thread update here while your heart truly belongs to the pico.  

LMAO sooo true, this pico stuff is soo much fun.

• Like 1

Tank at 11 am,  leds ramping up and 4 tubes of T5 6500k temp. Looks like natural sunlit tank. Im on fence about switching out my cheapo t5 non aquarium 6500k t5 tubes to ati blue plus to always have 20k look all the time.  I believe that the 6500k will grow my coral much faster but with a more natural look. Hmmmmm???? Decisions... 

Second pic is now, leds ramping down from no more than 40% for channel 2&3. Nice 20k look.  

43BCEA5B-4BBC-47F6-996B-73BF9D595BD6.jpeg

2C126372-19DC-4D33-8271-D4B069245272.jpeg

86815DC9-0757-4817-BE08-CABE94FD3E48.jpeg

On 4/10/2019 at 1:46 PM, 748S911 said:

Tank at 11 am,  leds ramping up and 4 tubes of T5 6500k temp. Looks like natural sunlit tank. Im on fence about switching out my cheapo t5 non aquarium 6500k t5 tubes to ati blue plus to always have 20k look all the time.  I believe that the 6500k will grow my coral much faster but with a more natural look. Hmmmmm???? Decisions... 

That escalated quickly....

Before & after ati upgrade!

IMG_4584.jpeg

IMG_3827.jpeg

IMG_4589.jpeg

IMG_4590.jpeg

IMG_4592.jpeg

Lookin' great! The lighting is getting pretty wild in there. I also like the chaeto just chillin' right in the main display 😄 I should have tossed mine in there for a few days before moving it to the 'fuge, just to get all the good bugs where I want them.

Those Anthias are so beautiful. I wish I could have a few in my own system, but I would have no place else to put them once they get too large.

Edit: by Anthias I of course mean Blue Chromis 😅

• Like 1
19 hours ago, 748S911 said:

Seeding miracle mud.....2FA8F2B0-8FE7-4390-B73A-8CA7F389E1ED.thumb.jpeg.d0810251d1d71b5d9744f204355723b4.jpeg

Haven’t heard of this yet — will this be your substrate? Texture looks nice!

• Like 2
18 hours ago, Tom@HaslettMI said:

Nice coral selections. I like the before ATI better. 

Tom

Same here, ati bulbs much better color. I have acheived the 20k look.

18 hours ago, billygoat said:

Lookin' great! The lighting is getting pretty wild in there. I also like the chaeto just chillin' right in the main display 😄 I should have tossed mine in there for a few days before moving it to the 'fuge, just to get all the good bugs where I want them.

Those Anthias are so beautiful. I wish I could have a few in my own system, but I would have no place else to put them once they get too large.

Edit: by Anthias I of course mean Blue Chromis 😅

Loving the lights, corals love the t5 supplemtation. I dont plan on keeping the chromis or chaeto in there long term. But it did work out nice for all the reef critters to come out of bundle of chaeto. 

1 hour ago, pricewayne said:

Haven’t heard of this yet — will this be your substrate? Texture looks nice!

Miracle mud is amazing for your refugium. Im just seeding the little project boxes, in a few weeks I will drill tiny holes on top then throw them in the rear compartment where chaeto is. Im using the small boxes for easy removal when im cleaning the rear compartments.  One project box will go into my pico once ready. 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, 748S911 said:

Same here, ati bulbs much better color. I have acheived the 20k look.

Loving the lights, corals love the t5 supplemtation. I dont plan on keeping the chromis or chaeto in there long term. But it did work out nice for all the reef critters to come out of bundle of chaeto. 

Miracle mud is amazing for your refugium. Im just seeding the little project boxes, in a few weeks I will drill tiny holes on top then throw them in the rear compartment where chaeto is. Im using the small boxes for easy removal when im cleaning the rear compartments.  One project box will go into my pico once ready. 

Nice! I’m hoping to get some chaeto going in my middle chamber — just another item to add to my list of projects lol.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Just pulled out my chaeto from fuge.  Its growing great in there. Pulled out a ton of worms 🐛 and transfered them to my pico. Wish i had more space back there for the fuge. 

3E4CDF95-AB95-4BDD-87FC-830AB3A5FB14.jpeg

B237ECDF-C82D-4C2A-87D5-BF65B6F343FD.jpeg

• Wow 1

One green chromis down official time of death 1am  😖 I know they can get aggressive didnt think they were gonna fight til the death. 

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, 748S911 said:

*Update*

My Tunze return pump crapped out after a month?? Nice 👍 🤦🏻‍♂️ 

Tunze customer service is top notch!!! Wow, super fast response. 

I dose kalk with my ato and it jammed up my impeller its getting a vinegar bath now. I will update tomorrow when i get it back online.  

I will keep the jebao pump incase it happens again as a back up pump.

Again super happy with the fast response time and customer service from Tunze. Super happy I went with Tunze its ultra silent and high quality. First time I’ve ever had an issue with any of there products. They def stand behind their products.  🙂 

• Like 2

Update**

After Tunze recommendations, soaked impeller assembly in vinegar and that did the trick. Kalk is tough on theese little pumps, but its working again 🙂 

In a panic I purchased a jebao return ap-388 for  15 bucks to be my replacement until I fixed my Tunze. 

I completely forgot that I had purchased a jebao fa-1000 that was way too powerful and noisy.  For 15 bucks too. 😂 

update the fa-1000 is running very powerful, and the noise went down a little.  And the power is set at 100% full power 264 gph 

Return pump shootout

Out of the three the 

fa-1000 is strongest/ loudest

tunze 1073.008  is best overall and dead silent

and the jebao ap-388 is quite and good return pump. 

1st place goes to Tunze

2nd Jebao FA-1000 (powerhouse) 

3rd goes to Jebao Ap-388

F91CD7F4-1C1D-40A9-8994-D5A57BD7E71F.jpeg