Coral Vue Hydros

Hey there! Thanks for having me!

Wrasseopora

Wrasseopora

Hey!
Thank you for having me on this site! I'm PixAquatics,

I am fairly new to keeping saltwater aquariums (started December of 2018) as I have kept freshwater for around 9 - 10 years (since I was a wee lad), I have made fish a passion of mine and they truly are a beacon of interest to me that I can never pull my eyes away from!

Saltwater aquariums have been something I have recently developed a massive love for and hope to continue keeping them alongside my freshwater display tank!

I am rather lucky as I get to work at the LFS in my area, so I get to be around fish a whole lot (and the temptation is massive trust me!)

Apart from fish-keeping I am an avid motorcyclist, musician (when I get the time), fisherman and perhaps look into fish behaviour a bit more than the average guy should 😶

I have been looking for a few different fish-keeping forums and it seemed like nano-reef would be the ideal one seeing as my reefs are both under 20gal ha! (I do aim on working towards bigger things however, or ... more smaller things! Who knows!)

My main tank which has been up and running for a few months now is my 13.5 Gal Fluval EVO, which has a stocking of various corals ranging from Softies like Zoanthids, Xenia, Mushrooms etc up LPS (I only have a Candy Cane with 2 heads right now) and two Montipora (which are more to see how well they grow under the stock light, which is getting an upgrade when I decide on which one!)

As far as inverts go I have a few snails (trochus/turbo) and a scarlet legged hermit crab that we named Nino (thanks to the kitchen nightmares episode 😉 )

For fish inside the tank there is a royal dottyback my girlfriend took to naming Purbibble; he is due to be moved when the new reef tank is finished cycling (a 6 gal cube) as he is still rather small and I would like to pop a few different fish into the EVO.

Either way! I hope to make some new friends on here and wish you all the very best of health over the next year and years to come! :)

IMG_20190304_171155.jpg.65490abb01b4963d9b84a4eadd79e8af.jpgIMG_20190306_194222.jpg.d40c8e76d2e0acbfc89815b6b5a4b58e.jpg

• Like 1
Wrasseopora
Just now, Friendly said:

what do you have for sand and rock in there?

what fish are you thinking of going with once the dottyback is pulled?

For the 13.5 or the 6?

In the 13.5 I used CaribSea Fiji Pink Live sand and for the 6gal I used standard aragonite dry sand mixed with some of the fiji pink from my 13.5,
For both of them I used CaribSea LifeRock 

When he is put in the other tank I am still looking at options, I have been looking into a series of species such as
Bangaai Cardinals, Royal Gramma, White Banded Possum Wrasse, Firefish Goby.
Of course I am still looking into things (as long as they are not clownfish 😉
I have a big thing for Wrasse I must say however.

When I was looking into stocking part of me was thinking of going with a pair of Bangaai Cardinals and either the White Banded Possum Wrasse or the Firefish
I was also looking at Chalk Bass as they only get to 3" from what I have been told but I am still unsure about them??