HingleMcCringleberry

New Chalice Frag Dying?

HingleMcCringleberry

I have a 20 gallon tank that has been set up for about 6 months and have been having great success with soft corals so I decided to pick up a trumpet coral and chalice frag 2 days ago. The trumpet seems happy but the chalice looks concerning. I know they don't like a lot of light while they adjust so it is at the bottom of my tank out of the direct light from my led lights (they are not particularly strong anyways). right away i noticed a little bit of brown discoloration on the side of the coral. over the couple of days I've had it the brown area seems to have become more distinct although no skeleton is exposed. I know there's a lot of variables at play (water params, parasites, lighting, handling) but what I want to know is whether this is a sign of a serious problem. The brown spot hasn't really progressed noticeably in the last day so is it a cause for concern? Although I do want to know why this happened I'm more concerned with just knowing what is happening and how worried I should be.

Clown79

Can you provide a pic? Without seeing it, ita hard to say.

More info also is needed like parameters, flow, and the actual lighting specs.