Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Birds nest not well.

Coolreefer42

Coolreefer42

All my other sps are well. As well as my softies and leathers and lps but my birds nest doesn’t look so good. Started last night.

also my Kenya is getting too big. I’m not sure what to do. He is very large 2 and 1/2 fists and 7-8 inches tall. 

Besides that hat tank is doing well. Haven’t posted in a while so I’ll make an update. All new corals are doing great besides the birds nest. I’ve also noticed coraline algae spreading that hitched a ride on a frag plug. Never wanted it because it takes up resources. But it’s intersting where it’s growing. Bought a fish on impulse because I’ve had the same clowns for a year and a half. He’s eating well. The fish was recommended to me months ago when I changed tanks. Neon dotty back. Eating well and happy. Everyone gets along well.image.thumb.jpg.904a955d620d9fe2b3644d06b1b69684.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Coralline algae spreading is a good thing - any reasonable water change schedule is going to keep up with any elements that it uses. Birdsnests can be finicky and they can both die, or recover, extremely quickly.

What are your parameters? Specifically alkalinity, calcium, and magnesium. In general, fluctuation in alkalinity is probably the biggest killer of SPS in the hobby.

• Like 1