Top Shelf Aquatics

Eric_n_Ga 29 biocube

Eric_n_ga

Well here it is in all it's glory a 29 gallon box of rocks . Yes I still stare at it just watching water move . 

Started off like a lot of folks searching for a deal on equipment . Found the oceanic bio cube and stand ,next week found the kessil 160 with controller and mount , got a eshopps nano skimmer of eBay , scavenged the atl Craigslist and got a pair of wavemakers and controllers ( one power head has stopped working since 🙄) also have a jeabo 75w heater , a small preset back up heater ,also built a media rack out of a hardware drawer and some acrylic to house floss,chemipure,and carbon . The bottom of the media rack hold 2 1.5" bio blocks perfect so I thought they can't hurt .

As far as new equipment I have the new RIO 340gph return pump and new pump for skimmer on the way . Figured that was a smart move . Also purchased a JBJ auto top off that I'm going to use with the old factory return pump . 

As far as other equipment the only things I can think of are the coralife uv light cause it goes in line and can't hurt . Also considering a minimax pro reactor in the rear chamber next to media rack . 

Just started cycling a week ago with live sand , dry rock , a few pieces of live rock . 

Will be adding other equipment towards the end of the cycle as I didn't want to run skimmers and what not during that time . 

IMG_20190228_164950.jpg

IMG_20190225_204642.jpg

IMG_20190225_155100.jpg

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, Eric_n_ga said:

Well here it is in all it's glory a 29 gallon box of rocks . Yes I still stare at it just watching water move . 

Started off like a lot of folks searching for a deal on equipment . Found the oceanic bio cube and stand ,next week found the kessil 160 with controller and mount , got a eshopps nano skimmer of eBay , scavenged the atl Craigslist and got a pair of wavemakers and controllers ( one power head has stopped working since 🙄) also have a jeabo 75w heater , a small preset back up heater ,also built a media rack out of a hardware drawer and some acrylic to house floss,chemipure,and carbon . The bottom of the media rack hold 2 1.5" bio blocks perfect so I thought they can't hurt .

As far as new equipment I have the new RIO 340gph return pump and new pump for skimmer on the way . Figured that was a smart move . Also purchased a JBJ auto top off that I'm going to use with the old factory return pump . 

As far as other equipment the only things I can think of are the coralife uv light cause it goes in line and can't hurt . Also considering a minimax pro reactor in the rear chamber next to media rack . 

Just started cycling a week ago with live sand , dry rock , a few pieces of live rock . 

Will be adding other equipment towards the end of the cycle as I didn't want to run skimmers and what not during that time . 

IMG_20190228_164950.jpg

IMG_20190225_204642.jpg

IMG_20190225_155100.jpg

Looks nice so far!

what are you thinking of putting in there?

Mainly not cyano or any other horrible algae 🤣. That's what killed my last tank 15 yrs ago due to being young and dumb and spending money on animals and not proper equipment and knowledge. 

Looking at softies zoas, toadstool , like to GSP the back wall , I've seen some really nice hammers and frogspawns , figured down the line after getting everything stable maybe a single sps on top . 

As far as fish I want to start real small .  Small clown ( btw clown fish have come a long way in 15 yrs ) maybe a gobby and shimp , not really set on anything yet as long as it's small and suitable. Really trying to keep waste levels down short and long term , Not in a rush this time . 

• Haha 2
1 minute ago, Eric_n_ga said:

Mainly not cyano or any other horrible algae 🤣. That's what killed my last tank 15 yrs ago due to being young and dumb and spending money on animals and not proper equipment and knowledge. 

Looking at softies zoas, toadstool , like to GSP the back wall , I've seen some really nice hammers and frogspawns , figured down the line after getting everything stable maybe a single sps on top . 

As far as fish I want to start real small .  Small clown ( btw clown fish have come a long way in 15 yrs ) maybe a gobby and shimp , not really set on anything yet as long as it's small and suitable. Really trying to keep waste levels down short and long term , Not in a rush this time . 

Sounds like you have a solid plan. 😊 I can’t wait to see you fill it up. 

There's so much cool stuff available now .  The online ordering is convenient but I like to have some connections with the LFS ( an hour away ) .  

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Eric_n_ga said:

There's so much cool stuff available now .  The online ordering is convenient but I like to have some connections with the LFS ( an hour away ) .  

It makes it nice to have a lfs you can connect with....... not many options around here so I’m forced to order online most of the time.  

Still cycling so no charge inside the tank but I  got protein skimmer installed and semi tuned . Also go the ATO installed and set ( waiting on reservoir to arrive ) also decided to clean up all the wires in the stand . Mounted kessil control , and wave makers . 

More new stuff on the way .  Rio pump , minimax pro , and still looking for a HOB fuge . 

IMG_20190306_212247.jpg

IMG_20190305_183701.jpg

• Like 1