Pod Your Reef

Favorite palys/zoas

ThatNewGuyReefing

ThatNewGuyReefing

Ok so I have absolutely fallen in love with palys and zoas and would love to see y'alls favorites! So far purple people eater palys are mine especially under the right lighting.

• Like 1

I just started collecting dope zoas and palys too. It's a fun coral since it has so much variety. I'm looking forward to fragging and trading them to LFS like a small-time farmer once I have a good sized population. We should trade some zoas via mail in a few months.

I've set up some pretty epic garden tanks over the years. Currently starting fresh after selling off my last one....always love the challenge of setting up a new Zoa/Paly zoo, and seeing how fast I can over grow it.

My Favs - 

Utter Chaos. Nothing compares when they hit colony size. Although slow growers, they are hardy and the last variants I've been getting are quite large.

Gobstoppers. They are big, colorful , and when established grow fast in perfectly spherical mounds.

Ice Armageddon. Kinda like gobstoppers, except bright blue.

Nirvana's. If a gobstopper and a Utter Chaos dropped acid and had a love child it would be a Nirvana.

King midas. Becoming rare. Smaller zoanthid, but grows in dense clusters and insanely pretty under deep blue light.

Purple Death or Nuglear greens (aye Checkov). 

Dagon Eyes. Just because they are everywhere.

WTB - Palythoa Grandis Nuclear green. Seen them online, but never in  the flesh.