Coral Vue Hydros

Tamberav's Red Sea Reefer Nano - macroalgae and mandarins

Tamberav

I just came to the realization that this goby and the clingfish both like urchins... the clingfish mouths are too small to bother even this baby goby so they wouldn't pose a threat...

That could be a pretty cool urchin symbiosis tank if I didn't already have like... 5 tanks 😮 

• Like 3
  • 3 weeks later...

Added two of these a few days ago after observing them in QT for awhile. Got scared as I didn't see them for a few days but they are finally out! Favorite gobies of all time :wub:

MVIMG_20190802_115604

• Like 5
  • Wow 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Here is what the tank looks like currently. I need to move a few things around as I don't like the placement of some stuff but it's coming along. Some of the macro does well and others are meh. I dose cheato grow for iron/trace for the macros every day and my Nitrate is 12 and my Po4 is 0.47

I plan on a Japanese Pink Nepthea and a Neon green weeping willow in the future. Oh and gorgs!

Some of the leathers are closed because I was digging around in there before taking as picture. 

MVIMG_20190810_152105

• Like 7
  • Wow 1
Just now, Tamberav said:

Some better photos 🙂

MVIMG_20190810_193302

MVIMG_20190810_193450

My fav macro... red fern...

MVIMG_20190810_193517

It's so bright and cheery-it looks like a floral arrangement!!

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

It's so bright and cheery-it looks like a floral arrangement!!

4 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

Love it! 😍 Looks so natural. 

There is a thread on reef2reef labled "Ugly corals" and a bunch of people said soft corals are ugly and look fake... I could have cried :tears:

• Like 1
  • Sad 4
22 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

There is a thread on reef2reef labled "Ugly corals" and a bunch of people said soft corals are ugly and look fake... I could have cried :tears:

I’ve only been successful so far with LPSssssss, GSP and some shrooms. So I’d be in trouble if there weren’t plenty of “ugly” corals. 

• Like 1

Holy cow, this just goes to show how quickly a tank can turn around in the hands of an experienced aquarist. This aquarium is absolutely gorgeous! I love everything you've got going on in here. 😍

• Like 2
25 minutes ago, billygoat said:

Holy cow, this just goes to show how quickly a tank can turn around in the hands of an experienced aquarist. This aquarium is absolutely gorgeous! I love everything you've got going on in here. 😍

Oh wow :blush: :wub: thank you ! 😁

1 hour ago, Amphrites said:

Is that Red Fern, Haliptilon? Sorry I'm awful with common-names >_< Looks amazing, makes me want to grab some for my tank lol.

No idea the scientific name. I got it off another member here many years ago as it was growing out of his rock. It is very hardy and has managed to survive all sorts of abuse. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Tamberav said:

No idea the scientific name. I got it off another member here many years ago as it was growing out of his rock. It is very hardy and has managed to survive all sorts of abuse. 

It's really quite impressive, if it ever gets overgrown and you've got some spare trimmings I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd be biting at the bit to get their hands on some =p

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Amphrites said:

It's really quite impressive, if it ever gets overgrown and you've got some spare trimmings I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd be biting at the bit to get their hands on some =p

I am sure I will have extra at some point. It is a good grower. Plus it's good not to keep all the eggs in one basket. 

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

I am sure I will have extra at some point. It is a good grower. Plus it's good not to keep all the eggs in one basket. 

That lovely red fernlike macro is not for sale anywhere that I know of, so propagating it throughout the community sounds like a great idea! It's so beautiful! I wonder what part of the world it comes from... 🤔

• Like 2
19 minutes ago, billygoat said:

That lovely red fernlike macro is not for sale anywhere that I know of, so propagating it throughout the community sounds like a great idea! It's so beautiful! I wonder what part of the world it comes from... 🤔

I tried to find the original post of it for sale but failed. It was probably 5 years ago though. I am not sure if it is the same as the kelp I see....or maybe a relative. 

It went from a tiny scrap to what it is now (and a second mini colony hidden on the right side of the tank) since I set the tank up so hopefully it continues to flourish.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, billygoat said:

I think I found some European retailers who have something similar lol... But otherwise yeah, spent a good hour hunting through various macros by various different scientific names this morning, nothing stateside.
(I do this kind of thing... more frequently than I would like to admit...)

• Like 2
50 minutes ago, Amphrites said:

I think I found some European retailers who have something similar lol... But otherwise yeah, spent a good hour hunting through various macros by various different scientific names this morning, nothing stateside.
(I do this kind of thing... more frequently than I would like to admit...)

I do that too 😂

would love to maybe get a shot at this macro too

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Northwoodsreefer said:

I do that too 😂

would love to maybe get a shot at this macro too

>_> Glances at patented CH 38 durian chempadek I bought from a retired professor I totally didn't google-stalk in vietnam by working backwards from the university that researched/developed the strain. Yeah... haha... totally normal...

I also did not intend to start a lineup... Sorry >_<

Oh and for those who are across the puddle and looking for a similar macro-algae
https://www.livealgae.co.uk/macroalgae/red-macroalgae-species/marine-macroalgae-haliptilon-sp

• Wow 1
  • 1 month later...

I have been really busy preparing to move into a new apartment 😝 and working...

My tank has chicken pox at this point from lack of maintenance.

MVIMG_20190919_040735.thumb.jpg.dc3159a71e0362bf61fbdf999218fe61.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 4
  • Wow 1