inTank Media Baskets

Setting up preowned tank

Rosem89

I moved an established biocube that had been neglected and was in poor shape. I kept the rock, and a couple of corals plus snails were already in the tank.

Imo/e when you get it home and set back up, if you want to reuse any rock/sand, do frequent water changes siphoning the sand each time, then swish the rocks in the old siphoned out water to help release any detritus. 

Do this weekly for 1-2 months, almost like letting the tank re-cycle and find it's balance again. Then, if things are stable you can start adding a cuc, livestock, and corals as you wish. 

• 1 month later...

Long time to reply back I know 🙈 I was taking my time with setting it up and scaping etc I still had my other tank so there was no rush for me, and getting used to the sump and equipment as this was my first but I’m getting there slowly with started moving my live stock over a couple of weeks ago, I rinsed through the sand in the end, and used a lot of my rock from my previous tank as well as some that come with I left the tank fallow for 5/6weeks while I was working the equipment out and tiding bits up and only had an issue with hair algae untill I adjusted the light settings,, got to admit though my smaller tank was a lot easier 😆

2EC894B5-6905-4381-9D07-2C6676EAF76F.jpeg

FFA2784A-FA12-4D0F-AE0D-DFB89DE20DAA.jpeg

• Like 1