ReefCleaners.org

Tank sizes and anemones

Clown79

I have 18 RFA in a 75 gallon tank, but they all stay bunched up together on a couple of pieces of rock that would fit in a 5 gallon tank.  The last bubble tip I had moved a lot.  I am afraid to get one for the other side of my tank for fear of coral warfare. someone else might know if they would hurt each by stinging.

I have been a member of this forum for many years but don't post much for fear of someone bashing my post or questions.I have decided I will treat the forum like the tv in the future....If I like the discussion I will join in and if not flip the screen to another post.

One day a may get brave enough to post pics of my post hurricane tank and am really thinking about joining the upcoming nano contest.  I hope others chime in about keeping them together 

Give a BTA:

1. good lighting

2 indirect flow

3. a hole to stick its foot into

and it probably won't move around. That is what I do for mine and it has worked well. fingerscrossed

I do not target feed my BTA's at all, I have never had one fall 'ill' because I didn't but I always have powerful lighting over them. The reason I don't feed them is to try and keep them from growing too fast or splitting. My clowns will feed it every now and again though so it does get some food once and awhile and it may catch things on its own. 

They do have the ability to grow very quickly if fed often if all other conditions are met.

Here is roughly a year of growth for me:

Aug 2017

FTS20g

Feb 2019:

2019-02-14_09-31-56

It still bubbles up some days but I don't know the cause.

• Like 5

Here's another question, can you safely paint a tank stand with the aquarium on it?

My stand needs some touching up and I use acrylic paint, I would completely cover the tank if I can retouch it. 

Snow_Phoenix
59 minutes ago, Clown79 said:

Here's another question, can you safely paint a tank stand with the aquarium on it?

My stand needs some touching up and I use acrylic paint, I would completely cover the tank if I can retouch it. 

I think you need to find a way to secure it - if it's a wooden stand, it shouldn't be too big of a deal, but it's a metal one, I wouldn't advise it. 

3 hours ago, Clown79 said:

I have painted furniture and stuff in the same room as my tanks. If you wait till spring you could open the windows. I always has a ton of windows opened when I painted.

It's a wood stand, home made.

Unfortunately the original paint was crap so it needs some renewal.

I know it a low voc paint, I definitely would have the windows open and fans running

Thank you once again everyone.

Cross your fingers all go smooth, biggest concern is moving rfa's

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Weikel said:

Hey clown this is a cool watch if you haven't seen it yet

I just watched it yesterday afternoon but thank you for sharing it with me.