Top Shelf Aquatics

Waterbox Cube 20 Build Thread

msummerf

• 1 month later...

Haven't had an update in a while so here we go. 

I have added a Blood Red Fire Shrimp and a Lubbocks Fairy wrasse. Everyone seems to be getting along alright. The TSB and the Clown fish are confused at what they are, the clown will shake and submit to the Blenny and they are basically paired up and go everywhere together. Wrasse is a little shy except for at dinner time then he has to eat first.

I've added a ton of coral which include: Blasto, 4 sps peices, palys, coco worm, gorgonion (photosynthetic,) ricordia, rainbow acan, candy cane coral, Red Flower Pot coral. The only death I have had is the duncan that just stopped opening up for no reason. I don't know if something was picking at it or what. Water changes no longer keep up with demand so have started hand dosing trying to get alk back up. Was at 7 last week. 

I ran into a few issues: Phos got pretty high (.17) when I was out of town and wife was feeding. Then I had 2 large Vermidt Snails that I superglued shut to kill. Currently not having any issues fingers crossed. Thinking of ordering a bunch of rock flower nems in the next month or so to fill the sandbed. 

Just need to get everything super stable so I start seeing better growth. 

Front View.jpg

sideview.jpg

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

How do you keep track of evaporation in your tank? Maybe I’m missing something obvious, but i don’t see a way to keep track of the water level in this tank. I had a Red Sea max in the past and it had a viewing window in the sump area. 

3 hours ago, Brookz said:

How do you keep track of evaporation in your tank? Maybe I’m missing something obvious, but i don’t see a way to keep track of the water level in this tank. I had a Red Sea max in the past and it had a viewing window in the sump area. 

I have a tunze 3155 and it does all that for me. But if you want to do it manually than the is the last chamber where the return pump is that monitors the water level. So just put a piece of tape or mark and keep it at that level. I would suggest getting an ato though, it's well worth the money. 

• 5 months later...
Waterbox20gAlyssa

I just bought a waterbox 20 gallon cube. Everything was doing fine, then The submersible water pump the waterbox came with, started making a loud noise, all the water was out the chamber in the back of the tank, I’ll call it that, i added more water to it, then all the water went down in the chamber threw the filter into the tank. Then the submersible water pump started to make this fritz looking water into the tank. The water pump was making a loud noise. So I unplugged the water pump, took it out to see if something is caught in it, like salt Or sand, but I can’t see. I used really fine sand oceans direct alive sand. Did the water pump the waterbox came with stop working ? I don’t have a water pump running now. Just the wave pump, heater, led light. So with the waterbox 20 gallon the white sock is all the way to the left chamber, media balls, carbon & sponge in the middle& the water pump it came with is in the far right side in the back of tank. Somebody I beg you help me.. tell me what to do??! 

3 hours ago, Waterbox20gAlyssa said:

I just bought a waterbox 20 gallon cube. Everything was doing fine, then The submersible water pump the waterbox came with, started making a loud noise, all the water was out the chamber in the back of the tank, I’ll call it that, i added more water to it, then all the water went down in the chamber threw the filter into the tank. Then the submersible water pump started to make this fritz looking water into the tank. The water pump was making a loud noise. So I unplugged the water pump, took it out to see if something is caught in it, like salt Or sand, but I can’t see. I used really fine sand oceans direct alive sand. Did the water pump the waterbox came with stop working ? I don’t have a water pump running now. Just the wave pump, heater, led light. So with the waterbox 20 gallon the white sock is all the way to the left chamber, media balls, carbon & sponge in the middle& the water pump it came with is in the far right side in the back of tank. Somebody I beg you help me.. tell me what to do??! 

Welcome to Nano-Reef @Waterbox20gAlyssa. You may get more help if you created your own post to troubleshoot to garner more views.  However, it sounds as though you simply need to add more water to the chamber the return pump is in.   That chamber is the one that runs out of water first. 

Waterbox20gAlyssa
5 hours ago, TatorTaco said:

@TatorTaco I added water to the chamber but it emptied really quickly... so I don’t know 🥺 do I keep adding water until it doesn’t empty anymore, within seconds ? Please help me @TatorTaco I beg you! 

Welcome to Nano-Reef @Waterbox20gAlyssa. You may get more help if you created your own post to troubleshoot to garner more views.  However, it sounds as though you simply need to add more water to the chamber the return pump is in.   That chamber is the one that runs out of water first. 

• 2 months later...

hello, are you still running the koralia 425 for flow? If not how did it end up working for you? Just ordered a cube 20 and trying to get as much info as i can get. I was looking at the nero 5 as wel, is the extra money really worth it? Thanks in advance

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi all and apologies if this is already addressed.

I have a Water box cube 20 with around 20 cherry shrimp as my cleanup crew.  One of the challenges is that every morning I scoop around 5 to 6 of them out of the sock filter.

Has anyone had any success in keeping them out of there and if so what did you block the inlet with to still allow sufficient water flow?

Cheers

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/21/2021 at 5:24 PM, gnole said:

Hi all and apologies if this is already addressed.

I have a Water box cube 20 with around 20 cherry shrimp as my cleanup crew.  One of the challenges is that every morning I scoop around 5 to 6 of them out of the sock filter.

Has anyone had any success in keeping them out of there and if so what did you block the inlet with to still allow sufficient water flow?

Cheers

I haven't tried it but I figured it would be a problem I wanted to start breading them and was look at this Tank I recommend you buy a filter sponge and cut it in half and slide it on the glass that's the best I have till I get my tank and do it through trial-and-error