Jump to content
Christopher Marks

Pico Reef Contest Ideas 🤔💭💡

Recommended Posts

spectra
2 minutes ago, jbb_00 said:

:lol:

 

Sure I did............

 

What ever happened to your UNS build ? You kill the stuff in that to............

 

Thinking of stocking ideas on a little tank...........oh the possibilities.........

Share this post


Link to post
jbb
2 minutes ago, spectra said:

Sure I did............

 

What ever happened to your UNS build ? You kill the stuff in that to............

 

Thinking of stocking ideas on a little tank...........oh the possibilities.........

Lol that stuff is in my 65 , still have the tank though . 

Share this post


Link to post
kimberbee
1 minute ago, spectra said:

Thinking of stocking ideas on a little tank...........oh the possibilities.........

Can I call dibs on maxi minis and sexy shrimps? 🤔

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
spectra
Just now, kimberbee said:

Can I call dibs on maxi minis and sexy shrimps? 🤔

I am sure a few people will have the same ideas.

 

Mine just depends on the tank I guess..... is it going to be 2.5 or 5 ? Found a sweet little 4 gallon I wouldnt mind doing..........

Share this post


Link to post
jbb
5 minutes ago, kimberbee said:

Can I call dibs on maxi minis and sexy shrimps? 🤔

You can, but ... 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
This guy is extra salty
9 minutes ago, spectra said:

I am sure a few people will have the same ideas.

 

Mine just depends on the tank I guess..... is it going to be 2.5 or 5 ? Found a sweet little 4 gallon I wouldnt mind doing..........

Idk how you would get 5gallons with the dimensions 12x6x8

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
seabass

Im confused, you guys are acting like the tank hasn’t already been specified.

 

BTW, Petco doesn’t carry the 2.5 in my area.  I’ll have to find another source.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
spectra
8 minutes ago, This guy is extra salty said:

Idk how you would get 5gallons with the dimensions 12x6x8

Not looking at dimensions..........as there has not been anything specified yet :wink:

 

Just looking at whats out there for tanks.........

 

6 minutes ago, seabass said:

Im confused, you guys are acting like the tank hasn’t already been specified.

 

BTW, Petco doesn’t carry the 2.5 in my area.  I’ll have to find another source.

No need to be confused as nothing has been specified yet......sucks on the no tank thing in your area.........

Share this post


Link to post
kimberbee
49 minutes ago, spectra said:

is it going to be 2.5 or 5 ? 

Chris has been suggesting a 2.5 gallon since the beginning. And then after lots of different input from everyone he still stuck with that with his last post.

3 hours ago, Christopher Marks said:

Ok, here are the proposed contest tank rules! 👏

 

A Standard 2.5 gallon 12x6x8" or near-equivalent dimension tank, glass or acrylic. (We can outline various known tank options that comply)

So yeah, I think it's very unlikely the contest will use a different tank. Not saying go out and buy one, but I wouldn't start planning for a different tank.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
A Little Blue
1 hour ago, Tamberav said:

Ya they could be set up continuously or every 6 hours or schedules people don't do manually normally which basically makes it not really 2.5g challenge anymore.

So if doser is allowed, I’ll dose SW then and take Auto Water Change definition out to make you feel better. 

Share this post


Link to post
Tamberav
5 minutes ago, jbb_00 said:

Hey !! I was gonna do that one !! 

Too bad you can't now. New rule...one type of tank of each kind so you best get hopping to find one.

 

😛

2 minutes ago, A Little Blue said:

So if doser is allowed, I’ll dose SW then and take Auto Water Change definition out to make you feel better. 

Oh I trust ya...I was just saying a rule prob needs to be posted for all the untrustables like me.

 

Time to buy a dos for my new Apex :ninja:

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
A Little Blue
6 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

Too bad you can't now. New rule...one type of tank of each kind so you best get hopping to find one.

 

😛

Oh I trust ya...I was just saying a rule prob needs to be posted for all the untrustables like me.

So loudest voices will rig the competition to suit their way of doing reef tank...... or do we have some creative freedom to do things we think that might work. I do not care about 6 month period. If I’m going to set this up, it is going to run as long as possible. And set up for success. Anyone setting this up just for a show, is a clown in my book. 

  • Wow 1

Share this post


Link to post
Tamberav
1 minute ago, A Little Blue said:

So loudest voices will rig the competition to suit their way of doing reef tank...... or do we have some creative freedom to do things we think that might work. I do care about 6 month period. If I’m going to set this up, it is going to run as long as possible. And set up for success. Anyone setting this up just for a show, is a clown in my book. 

🤡

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
GraniteReefer
1 hour ago, seabass said:

BTW, Petco doesn’t carry the 2.5 in my area.  I’ll have to find another source.

If you have a petsmart mine had a bunch today, I think the brand was top fin or something.  Guess my area is a hot spot for 2.5 standards, I can find Atleast 2 more deep blue tanks locally after searching around so if anyone is in NH area let me know if you want to know where they are at!  If you are going to rock a 2.5 standard I highly reccomend searching out a deep blue as it is superior to the aqueon and other options I have seen.  Plus the deep blue I bought is 1$ cheaper than the offerings at petsmart today!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Friendly

funny...so much posting going on in this thread that the notifications alert is out of sync and not keeping up!  LoL!

18 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

So will this work ? 

 

My husband going to kill me for setting up another tank. 

 

https://aqualabaquaria.com/collections/aquariums/products/uns-3n-ultra-clear-rimless-aquarium-3-gal-ultum-nature-systems

how can this work? it's 3 gallons...  :huh:

Share this post


Link to post
A Little Blue
18 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

Too bad you can't now. New rule...one type of tank of each kind so you best get hopping to find one.

 

😛

Oh I trust ya...I was just saying a rule prob needs to be posted for all the untrustables like me.

 

Time to buy a dos for my new Apex :ninja:

I don’t care what method you use as long as you can show a long term success. If you want me to set up a sh$ty setup just for a SHOW for period of 6 months ......, sure, I could do that. But what is the point? Please explain? 

I could do “bonsai” theme or other crap but what does it really accomplish? Any Joe blow can set up a tank to run for 6 months. Anyone can set up a tank that will look have way decent for avarage guy or a gal. But make it a success story within size restrains and long term is quite a challenge. So don’t tell me what do I have to do to make it work, bc I do. If you are setting up a bs tank, well, that’s exactly what it is. But I won’t be part of your delusion. 

Share this post


Link to post
Friendly

ALB...you are aware that Tam's comment on one type of tank per contest was satirical, right?

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
jbb
4 minutes ago, A Little Blue said:

So don’t tell me what do  

Yeah @Tamberav ! 

 

:lol:

 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Underworld2.0

So can I start buying stuff for this or do I have to wait till start date ?

Share this post


Link to post
spectra
26 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

So will this work ? 

 

My husband going to kill me for setting up another tank. 

 

https://aqualabaquaria.com/collections/aquariums/products/uns-3n-ultra-clear-rimless-aquarium-3-gal-ultum-nature-systems

 

23 minutes ago, jbb_00 said:

Hey !! I was gonna do that one !! 

 

Well thats three of us if it needs to be those dimensions :wink: I already got an email from Aqua Lab complete your purchase..........:lol:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Friendly
1 minute ago, Underworld2.0 said:

So can I start buying stuff for this or do I have to wait till start date ?

don't buy stuff for the contest...but feel free to buy stuff for another tank that has nothing to do with the contest.

 

parameters for this pico contest have not been set. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
spectra
14 minutes ago, GraniteReefer said:

If you have a petsmart mine had a bunch today, I think the brand was top fin or something.  Guess my area is a hot spot for 2.5 standards, I can find Atleast 2 more deep blue tanks locally after searching around so if anyone is in NH area let me know if you want to know where they are at!  If you are going to rock a 2.5 standard I highly reccomend searching out a deep blue as it is superior to the aqueon and other options I have seen.  Plus the deep blue I bought is 1$ cheaper than the offerings at petsmart today!

Deep Blue is no more though......must be old stock there selling off.

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recommended Discussions

×
×
  • Create New...