Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

WV Reefer’s Bad Crab’s Dirty Den

WV Reefer

DSFIRSTSLTWATER
On ‎3‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 8:03 AM, WV Reefer said:

Ive had a few Pom Poms over the years and they never make it...... but an asshole hitchhiker crab flourishes. 🤷🏻‍♀️

I can't believe mine is still alive. I see him once every couple months and he still has both pom poms as well. My little porcelain crab is gone though. I wanna get another one or two of them.

• Like 1

Update!

The crab was not abducted by aliens but did make a fantastic journey........

saturday evening I did a water change on my 75 gallon and spilled some water out of one of the buckets. I put the towel I dried the floor with in front of the washing machine in the kitchen. Sometime after lights out the crab must have crawled out of the tank and onto the towel. Before I went to bed I threw the towel in the machine to get it off the floor. 

After washing and drying the towels today I find this in the bottom of the dryer:

42D15A33-B069-4D76-A81C-69FFA0335B61.thumb.jpeg.102f3282f2c0ab7167b1f8d8e9d2ca87.jpeg

0CD0C86B-092E-4353-A151-460C4D25C909.thumb.jpeg.d3028bc4432afbf46de142eed6f02f20.jpeg

🙁

• Sad 4
  • Haha 2
  • Wow 6
25 minutes ago, Nursecop818 said:

Ummmmm...... will the washer ever be the same?? 

20 minutes ago, Friendly said:

what an ignominious end, LoL!

poor fellow.

sorry for your loss.

watch out for the crab mafia...  :ninja:

Yeah I was bummed to know I was awake when he escaped. But had no reason to check my laundry for a crab. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Gotta figure out if I’m going to take it down or not. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, pgrVII said:

Damm but what a journey....

Only you DubVee😜🤙

My husband thought I was f*cking with him.  😄

• Haha 8

hqdefault.jpg

crab's ain't got nuffin...it's the lobsters that brought these cage matches to the light.

and lobsters are the real crustaceans, they're using butter knives!!!

• Haha 8
2 hours ago, WV Reefer said:

Update!

saturday evening I did a water change on my 75 gallon and spilled some water out of one of the buckets. I put the towel I dried the floor with in front of the washing machine in the kitchen. Sometime after lights out the crab must have crawled out of the tank and onto the towel. Before I went to bed I threw the towel in the machine to get it off the floor. 

After washing and drying the towels today I find this in the bottom of the dryer:

42D15A33-B069-4D76-A81C-69FFA0335B61.thumb.jpeg.102f3282f2c0ab7167b1f8d8e9d2ca87.jpeg

0CD0C86B-092E-4353-A151-460C4D25C909.thumb.jpeg.d3028bc4432afbf46de142eed6f02f20.jpeg

🙁

Looks like a 'clean' hit

• Haha 5
1 hour ago, Friendly said:

hqdefault.jpg

crab's ain't got nuffin...it's the lobsters that brought these cage matches to the light.

and lobsters are the real crustaceans, they're using butter knives!!!

um well ya... lobsters go great with butter!

• Haha 7

For now this will be a holding area. Still haven’t decided if I want to keep it up yet. 

@Lula_Mae you ever find any branching gsp? If not, I got u:

81A52750-FEB3-4B57-B4F6-92B653FE87C9.thumb.jpeg.57a865c9e729af623e934f96672196d6.jpeg

It has grown over the rock and attached to the wall of the 75 gallon......so I just cut the rock loose and put it in here for now.  

• Like 1

Not to hijack but put me down for some branching GSP when you get some extra after Lula. I think its so pretty :wub: It can probably survive priority too... I sent her a little nepthea and damn thing made it 5 days in the mail, indestructible. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
On 2/27/2019 at 8:30 PM, WV Reefer said:

Possibly. For now it may pull coral overflow duty. 

I want to see how he does before I start putting a bunch of stuff in there. 

Aiptasia vs. xenia like with The Creep?

On 3/4/2019 at 4:22 AM, Tamberav said:

My pom pom is also a BAD crab!!

I had some of those majanos years ago...I miss them....they were gorgeous!

I had the pom pom formerly known as Shelby.  That...was a BAD crab!  BAD!  Bludgeoning, Assaulting, Destroying.  Poor Shirley the other pom pom crab lol. :unsure:

On 3/9/2019 at 8:03 AM, WV Reefer said:

Ive had a few Pom Poms over the years and they never make it...... but an asshole hitchhiker crab flourishes. 🤷🏻‍♀️

You just need a Shelby pom pom.  She'll flourish as she kills everything she can! :lol:

On 3/11/2019 at 4:35 PM, WV Reefer said:

Update!

🙁

He was going on an adventure.  Guess he forgot the perils of traveling in the wild!

1 hour ago, WV Reefer said:

For now this will be a holding area. Still haven’t decided if I want to keep it up yet. 

@Lula_Mae you ever find any branching gsp? If not, I got u:

81A52750-FEB3-4B57-B4F6-92B653FE87C9.thumb.jpeg.57a865c9e729af623e934f96672196d6.jpeg

It has grown over the rock and attached to the wall of the 75 gallon......so I just cut the rock loose and put it in here for now.  

I did not!  I probably should get the new tank up and running first (am finally leak testing lol) but can I hit you up in a month or so?

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

Not to hijack but put me down for some branching GSP when you get some extra after Lula. I think its so pretty :wub: It can probably survive priority too... I sent her a little nepthea and damn thing made it 5 days in the mail, indestructible. 

You are on the list! 😄

10 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

It did, indeed lol.  I was very impressed!

• Like 2
Just now, Lula_Mae said:

Aiptasia vs. xenia like with The Creep?

I had the pom pom formerly known as Shelby.  That...was a BAD crab!  BAD!  Bludgeoning, Assaulting, Destroying.  Poor Shirley the other pom pom crab lol. :unsure:

You just need a Shelby pom pom.  She'll flourish as she kills everything she can! :lol:

He was going on an adventure.  Guess he forgot the perils of traveling in the wild!

I did not!  I probably should get the new tank up and running first (am finally leak testing lol) but can I hit you up in a month or so?

Whenever you are ready for it. 😊

• Like 2
  • 5 weeks later...
5 hours ago, kimdawg said:

Just read the whole thread.  Sorry you lost your crab, but your threads always crack me up.

Thank you. 😀

• 3 weeks later...
fishfreak0114

I read the thread title and thought, hmm, she found the crab, this will lift my spirits! And then :tears: Seriously thought this thread cracked me up :lol:

• Haha 1
WV Reefer
8 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

That GSP! :wub:

Its looking real good. I just hacked off a chunk for Tam today. You about ready?

• Like 2