Innovative Marine Aquariums

Can anyone tell what this is on my hermit crab's shell?

Itz RobD

I looked around but I couldn't find anything that looked like this anywhere. I bought a few snails and crabs form a local store yesterday and today I noticed this... thing... hanging out on the end of one of their shells. At first I thought it was just something stuck to it until I saw it's actually moving. He's also in the middle of the tank right now so I had to zoom on my phone's camera to take the picture so they're not the best but it kind of looks like it might be eggs attached to it with this thing moving around them? Don't know if this is a good or bad thing though. Thanks.

https://imgur.com/a/wxwpntY

Was watching it for a bit more. Definitely alive whatever it is. It has what looks like two long tube things that flop around and sand attached to it and it pulls it towards itself

Christopher Marks

Welcome to the community @Itz RobD!

Is it a nudibranch perhaps? It might be worth removing it, or at least moving it to a container to better ID and photograph. Some are harmless hitchhikers, but some have a taste for certain corals.