Top Shelf Aquatics

Green Star Polyps Issue

CANADIAN1

Hey guys,

A little backstory on this , my gsp have been doing phenomenal since i have had  them .. started from a frag and has grown a lot.

Couple months ago my fish died.. still kind of mysterious to how it happens but it could of been some bad water or salt that i received in either case all the coral in the tank were perfectly fine and since that day all my other corals have grown and been in good shape including the GSP.

i haven't really bothered to get more fish but i do put in some fish food or reef roids to supplement some nutrients that would normally come from fish waste.

anyways.. my green star polyps are not doing good and its been a while, i thought for sure they would just comeback as they are weird like that but doesn't seem to be the case.

What could be going on here? should i test for something in particular? should i just get a fish so that there would be more waste in the tank? im kind of at a loss as my other corals are doing fine (mushrooms, favia , ricordea) 

i have attached a before and after picture so you can really tell its not going well ! absolutely nothing else has changed in terms of light or flow since then.

20190223_133231.jpg

IMG_20180613_162523.jpg

On 2/23/2019 at 1:40 PM, CANADIAN1 said:

Hey guys,

A little backstory on this , my gsp have been doing phenomenal since i have had  them .. started from a frag and has grown a lot.

Couple months ago my fish died.. still kind of mysterious to how it happens but it could of been some bad water or salt that i received in either case all the coral in the tank were perfectly fine and since that day all my other corals have grown and been in good shape including the GSP.

i haven't really bothered to get more fish but i do put in some fish food or reef roids to supplement some nutrients that would normally come from fish waste.

anyways.. my green star polyps are not doing good and its been a while, i thought for sure they would just comeback as they are weird like that but doesn't seem to be the case.

What could be going on here? should i test for something in particular? should i just get a fish so that there would be more waste in the tank? im kind of at a loss as my other corals are doing fine (mushrooms, favia , ricordea) 

i have attached a before and after picture so you can really tell its not going well ! absolutely nothing else has changed in terms of light or flow since then.

20190223_133231.jpg

IMG_20180613_162523.jpg

Seems like theres a lot of algae growth between the two pics. Good idea,like others suggested, check your water parameters. What kind of water are you using for top off and water changes?

• Like 1