Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

No More Lurking

leighla

Hello all!

I am not new to the hobby, but I have primarily focused on freshwater planted nano tanks. Currently I have fresh, brackish, and reef tanks.

My latest set-up is a 37 gallon reef, mostly softies, macros and BTA/rock flower anemones.  Struggles I've had include: carpet surfing (small clown chased out during water change, didn't notice); bought a green goby who was pinched and didn't ever recover; finding appropriate flow and light (I use two powerheads and two AI prime lights).

I love the reef, and have to control myself from converting more tanks! I have a big thing for Blennies and Gobies, and am very partial to my two-spot goby.

I am excited to make connections, get advice and share my experience!

Best!

• Like 3
2 hours ago, leighla said:

Hello all!

I am not new to the hobby, but I have primarily focused on freshwater planted nano tanks. Currently I have fresh, brackish, and reef tanks.

My latest set-up is a 37 gallon reef, mostly softies, macros and BTA/rock flower anemones.  Struggles I've had include: carpet surfing (small clown chased out during water change, didn't notice); bought a green goby who was pinched and didn't ever recover; finding appropriate flow and light (I use two powerheads and two AI prime lights).

I love the reef, and have to control myself from converting more tanks! I have a big thing for Blennies and Gobies, and am very partial to my two-spot goby.

I am excited to make connections, get advice and share my experience!

Best!

A reefer after my own heart.  Is the 37 gallon a tall tank?  I have a 56 gallon column which is 24" high.  All that height has allowed me to build a scape with lots of hidey holes.   I also have a thing for blennies and gobies in a pretty big way so the hidey holes give my fish territories of their own.  I currently have 6 blennies, 2 gobies and 2 dartfish (which are goby-ish).  2 of my favorites are my barnacle blennies.  They are cuter than cute!

It will be fun following your tank.

• Like 1

In addition to some lovely rock work caves, etc.., I added large barnacle clusters. If I could bill each spot with a Blenny I would! I have a barnacle blenny (Jorge, my first blenny love) who rules one cluster, a midas blenny who is queen one, and a third cluster waiting....maybe a tail spot....

• Like 1