Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Live rock from saltybottomreefcompany???

EthanPhillyCheesesteak

EthanPhillyCheesesteak

I want to make a purely hitchhiker tank. I already have pretty much everything laying around, except for a heater and sand. Does anyone know much about this company? They say that there rock guarantees to come with a bunch of hitchhikers. Anyone know somewhere better? Or if this is good? I only need like 5 pounds of it, so I wanted to buy it in single pieces instead of bulk.

11 minutes ago, Privateer said:

Craigslist is the best way to find live rock full of nasty hitchhikers if that’s what ya want.

Ha yeah thats a great way to do it 20 bucks got me a 5 gallon bucket worth of aptasia tree coral and random zoas. I put it in a 5 gallon petco tank and im learning about all sorts of cool new pests

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
EthanPhillyCheesesteak
On 2/23/2019 at 9:45 PM, Privateer said:

Craigslist is the best way to find live rock full of nasty hitchhikers if that’s what ya want.

On 2/23/2019 at 9:56 PM, hotdrop said:

Ha yeah thats a great way to do it 20 bucks got me a 5 gallon bucket worth of aptasia tree coral and random zoas. I put it in a 5 gallon petco tank and im learning about all sorts of cool new pests

I’ll check out craigslist then, should I check for local? Or just anywhere?

On 2/23/2019 at 8:53 PM, Tamberav said:

Are they local to you? If not, shipping would be expensive to preserve life. 

No, they are not local. I only needed like 5 pounds, I don’t think shipping would be too much for 5 pounds

mitten_reef
6 minutes ago, EthanPhillyCheesesteak said:

No, they are not local. I only needed like 5 pounds, I don’t think shipping would be too much for 5 pounds

You do realize that real live rocks need to shipped overnight, not through your neighborhood post office, right?

DO SOME RESEARCH!!! STOP TROLLING NR!

• Thanks 1
4 hours ago, EthanPhillyCheesesteak said:

It is a min 100 dollars for shipping no matter how much you buy since they put it on a plane so they can ship in water.

If your ship out if water overnight is generally 40-50 bucks but more die off. 

EthanPhillyCheesesteak
19 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

It is a min 100 dollars for shipping no matter how much you buy since they put it on a plane so they can ship in water.

If your ship out if water overnight is generally 40-50 bucks but more die off. 

Oh ok. I tried to find some on Craigslist, and nothing came up