Pod Your Reef

Can I remove half my rock to epoxy for an hour and then put back in?

Daniel91

Yes, some epoxy can set in water. I want to rescape and my plan for it requires me to remove, break and epoxy the rock - let it dry for about an hour and then back in.

• Like 1

I plan on doing the same Saturday. None of my rock was glued and I tore it apart looking for my damsel my nem ate. I never got it back how it was before and it's bugging the crap out of me. Was gonna go to LFS to see if they have some rock glue for wet surfaces and restructure everything. Rookie mistake

from the get go.

I had rock out for about an hour or so aquascaping  when I upgraded my tank.

If you are concerned, fill a spray bottle with sw and spray the rocks once and while. I did that to prevent any issues

• Like 2
14 hours ago, Clown79 said:

I had rock out for about an hour or so aquascaping  when I upgraded my tank.

If you are concerned, fill a spray bottle with sw and spray the rocks once and while. I did that to prevent any issues

I like Clown79's idea. You could also try laying wet paper towels, soaked in tank water, over them. 

• Like 1

Fast dry epoxy sets in about 10 minutes. There's also the reef putty stick stuff which is almost as fast. I prefer the putty for rock landscapes, and it can be used under water. 

11 minutes ago, Daniel91 said:

Good input guys. Thanks. Clown, i’ll follow your suggestion!

Out of water, I really like the Reef welder. Yiu can easily remelt it if you make a boo boo and waste less

Worked well. In water, not so great.

For under water I like aquastik, the grey colour. Seems to work better than pink and standa out less 

AquaMaxx-Reef-Welder-Epoxy-Glue-Purple-250.jpg

s-l400.jpg

• Like 1