Top Shelf Aquatics

Hitchhiker Starfish?

ZR2

I went to the LFS yesterday to get some Cerith snails to help in my green cyano battle. I picked up 6 snails and they go to work when the lights are out. I was watching them last night and noticed what looked like a baby starfish. It is odd looking and this morning it was on the bottom of a frag plug just laying down. It has three stubby legs and then 3 longer legs? Anyone know what it is? I would like to keep it if it’s not going to cause problems. 

4716AA7F-FC9F-4FC1-A305-2F4C530AC5C0.jpeg

1E5CC4D8-169E-4385-A127-4AA7ED94FDA2.jpeg

17 minutes ago, ZR2 said:

I went to the LFS yesterday to get some Cerith snails to help in my green cyano battle. I picked up 6 snails and they go to work when the lights are out. I was watching them last night and noticed what looked like a baby starfish. It is odd looking and this morning it was on the bottom of a frag plug just laying down. It has three stubby legs and then 3 longer legs? Anyone know what it is? I would like to keep it if it’s not going to cause problems. 

4716AA7F-FC9F-4FC1-A305-2F4C530AC5C0.jpeg

1E5CC4D8-169E-4385-A127-4AA7ED94FDA2.jpeg

Asterina. I don’t have any issues with them. 

• 2 weeks later...