inTank Media Baskets

Not sure what to do next

Hunter Lang

I’m feeling a little bored with my current set up, I haven’t changed or added anything in about a month (had it about 4 months now) I want some really cool corals to add and am okay with getting rid of a few (not a big fan of my red mushroom or cabbage coral lol) any ideas on some cool somewhat easy corals? So far I’ve been successful keeping softies and lps, don’t really want to get into any sps corals. Honestly just any tips on how to make my tank look better as far as corals or rock placement or any of that stuff!

i have two clowns in there and my LFS has this tiny little watchman goby I may get to join the crew (along with a pistol shrimp friend)

thoughts?

E09F6C54-C2FC-42F5-8DD8-825069C33B38.jpeg

10 hours ago, Hunter Lang said:

I’m feeling a little bored with my current set up, I haven’t changed or added anything in about a month (had it about 4 months now)

Haha, it's pretty new to be bored already.  However, the tank looks good.

Honestly just any tips on how to make my tank look better as far as corals or rock placement or any of that stuff

It's a personal thing of mine, but I like some space between the glass and corals (or rock).  It's easier to clean, better flow, and I like the look.  If you want more space, you might take out some rock (or break some off).

am okay with getting rid of a few (not a big fan of my red mushroom or cabbage coral lol) any ideas on some cool somewhat easy corals?

Sure, trade those corals for ones you like more.  IDK, Duncans are super easy corals to keep, if you like them.

clown and friends

I just added a watchman and tiger pistol to my crew and they are by far my favorite pair. They are a little more work in the sense I have to feed everyone else first before they'll let any food get down to the goby/shrimp but watching the two of them work is so fun. They have several homes all around my tank and are a very interesting dynamic.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1