Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Nuvo 10 return pump

Aloeus

I am thinking about getting https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075VS48KK/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A2B6TRR62PVBWF&psc=1 and using a RFG on the return nozzle.
I like it because where I have my pump plugged in I can't get to it. So when I feed Ican't turn it off. Also I really can't find any good small power heads to get good random flow. So I was just going to only run the return pump with the RFG.
Has anyone used this pump before and do you think it will be overkill?

Seems kind of big.   If you want a controllable DC pump you should look into the mighty jet.   Its supposedly pretty good.  

I just installed a sicce 0.5 in my IM10.  Its really quiet and puts out plenty of flow.   Some even use the 1.0. 

I have the mighty jet. It's a great pump.

I have the larger model on my 25g on wave mode, with the rfgs

The flow is excellent together.

How do you turn off the pump during water changes?

The mighty jet is the same pump as the jebao. Both go from 237gph to 532gph. One is 100 and the other one is 60. Right now i have to get on my knees to reach behind the desk an unplug it. 

34 minutes ago, Aloeus said:

The mighty jet is the same pump as the jebao. Both go from 237gph to 532gph. One is 100 and the other one is 60. Right now i have to get on my knees to reach behind the desk an unplug it. 

The reason for price difference is quality.  Jebao is hit and miss. Their products can last long for some and poop out quickly for others 

• Like 1