SaltCritters.com

ECLS Reefer

The new stuff I added to the Evo has continued to look amazing! With the exception of the stag horn, which I ended up moving into the SCA hoping that the increased flow and bigger system would help. The montis are especially looking great!

• Like 4
ECLS Reefer

Got a new small trachyphyllia for the Evo, which meant the coral and snail nipping Halloween hermit had to move to the sump. 

The new corals in there are still looking fantastic, especially the Millie! So happy to see it doing well. The purple/blue digitata is also looking great. I’ll have to keep watching them and figure out the best place to secure them to the rocks. 

What does the general public think about possible placement for the Millie and digitata?

• Like 3
MainelyReefer
19 hours ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

The new stuff I added to the Evo has continued to look amazing! With the exception of the stag horn, which I ended up moving into the SCA hoping that the increased flow and bigger system would help. The montis are especially looking great!

Is the fifth picture in this line up blueberry fields leptastrea? If so looking good!

• Thanks 1
19 hours ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

What is the coral in the 5th picture please?

5 hours ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

Got a new small trachyphyllia for the Evo, which meant the coral and snail nipping Halloween hermit had to move to the sump. 

The new corals in there are still looking fantastic, especially the Millie! So happy to see it doing well. The purple/blue digitata is also looking great. I’ll have to keep watching them and figure out the best place to secure them to the rocks. 

What does the general public think about possible placement for the Millie and digitata?

That trachy is nice. 😊

• Thanks 1
mitten_reef
6 hours ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

You have a strong light for this tank, so technically they probably can go anywhere. But top 1/3 or top 1/4 would make most sense for these guys as they can handle more light than others in your tank. 

• Thanks 1
ECLS Reefer
3 hours ago, GraniteReefer said:

Is the fifth picture in this line up blueberry fields leptastrea? If so looking good!

3 hours ago, Picogoby said:

What is the coral in the 5th picture please?

It was listed only as a blue and green leptastrea from Vivid Aquariums. And I'm completely ignorant of all the fancy names, so it very well could be a blueberry fields or what ever. Its already spreading out on its plug and a happy little coral I do know that.

• Like 2
ECLS Reefer

Evo is doing pretty good! Moved the frags off the holders today and thought I’d made good choices, then noticed the purple/blue monti digitata was super unhappy and the Millie as well. So they went back in holders. Gotta rethink placement of them because they didn’t like the amount of light they were getting. 

• Like 2
ECLS Reefer

It seems that every time I brag on the Evo, it goes through and ugly stage. Yesterday I found that the pistol shrimp and his associate had dragged the BTA down into their den and munched on part of him. So I pulled him out and stuck him on a frag holder hoping he would be okay, but of course, he started to turn to goo today. So, pulled that awful smelling snot out of the tank and did an unplanned water change. Which dropped my phosphates and nitrates to nearly zero. Which seems to have rather annoyed my corals. 

I guess that's good news for the fish, because I'm trying to feed the crap out of the tank now to get them back up to their normal range. Damn anemones. I have discovered with every single attempt, that the only ones worth owning are RFAs. I think I'm just going to cross owning any other off the list, like with my attempts at growing macro.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 1
13 hours ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

It seems that every time I brag on the Evo, it goes through and ugly stage. Yesterday I found that the pistol shrimp and his associate had dragged the BTA down into their den and munched on part of him. So I pulled him out and stuck him on a frag holder hoping he would be okay, but of course, he started to turn to goo today. So, pulled that awful smelling snot out of the tank and did an unplanned water change. Which dropped my phosphates and nitrates to nearly zero. Which seems to have rather annoyed my corals. 

I guess that's good news for the fish, because I'm trying to feed the crap out of the tank now to get them back up to their normal range. Damn anemones. I have discovered with every single attempt, that the only ones worth owning are RFAs. I think I'm just going to cross owning any other off the list, like with my attempts at growing macro.

Lol, I typically say i cant seem to grow film algae, next day BOOM! Cant see past the glass. The shrimp antics are pretty funny though

• Like 1
ECLS Reefer
3 hours ago, Ratvan said:

Lol, I typically say i cant seem to grow film algae, next day BOOM! Cant see past the glass. The shrimp antics are pretty funny though

Until they eat a BTA. MAN those things stink!!!!! The snot is disgusting!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
ECLS Reefer

Got the new lens in for my DSLR camera. It’s a Nikon D3000 and this is a Nikon AF-S DX Micro NIKKOR 85mm F3.5G ED VR lens. 

• Like 3
  • ECLS Reefer changed the title to Sister Margarets School for Wayward Girls 13.5g Evo
ECLS Reefer

Got a new pinwheel plate in today. Hoping it does better with the finer sand of the Evo than my first one did in the SCA. Looking hot! 🔥

• Like 3
  • Wow 1
  • ECLS Reefer changed the title to Sister Margarets School for Wayward Girls 13.5g Evo 🦐 Mother's Day/Nurses Week Loot!!
ECLS Reefer

Got some new pictures on Mother’s Day while I had some peace and quiet. Looking good in there. 

Added a new joker cyphastrea today and will add the final coral for the tank Friday (A pectinia 😱😍😍). And after that, seriously done adding corals. It’s become a sickness, this spending money and adding stuff and I’ve gotta rein myself back in. 

• Like 2
ECLS Reefer

Bored. Just a couple shots today. Anxiously awaiting the arrival of my super prized pectinia tomorrow 😍

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

Bored. Just a couple shots today. Anxiously awaiting the arrival of my super prized pectinia tomorrow 😍

Is the new one the same as the other one?

• Haha 1
ECLS Reefer
17 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

Is the new one the same as the other one?

Yes it’s another amethyst pectinia because I just fell in love with the colors. And they’d sold out of the rasta one which was close to these but brighter. 

• Like 1
ECLS Reefer

Few shots from this weekend of the Evo with the macro lens. Still learning, still trying to figure out the best settings to stop the blur. Sometimes it just comes out perfectly or almost.

• Like 1
ECLS Reefer

So yesterday went to see what the LFS has gotten in new. Picked up a small, very aggressive little elegance. Watched it have a battle royale with about 10 bristleworms last night. Bristleworms lost. Found their half digested bodies laying around it like trophies this morning and it hawked up two more after the lights ramped up. Maybe they’ll learn to stay away from it, or maybe it’ll take care of my bristleworm army. 

F84021A8-7B8B-4691-AEA0-FE27F5CDD6E9.thumb.jpeg.77510e344130b690482ecf5f42dde4fa.jpeg

Also, moved Cruiser the female Mandy to the big tank because she had gotten pretty big. She seems happy in the SCA with new friends and no one bothers her while she cruises around. 

Found this adorable little guy with no name as yet. Hope he does well and stays away from the elegance whom I shall name Karen.  I feel certain Karen would eat him no questions asked. 
664C62F9-8E9F-44EC-9CAF-4A6C90C67A01.thumb.jpeg.0c85169dcb41030cb8009a3d4203107f.jpeg
E873444F-4250-4A0D-9A9F-7A2279ACA57A.thumb.jpeg.8f714fa59dc545c7ed134d4d6db58100.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
1 minute ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

So yesterday went to see what the LFS has gotten in new. Picked up a small, very aggressive little elegance. Watched it have a battle royale with about 10 bristleworms last night. Bristleworms lost. Found their half digested bodies laying around it like trophies this morning and it hawked up two more after the lights ramped up. Maybe they’ll learn to stay away from it, or maybe it’ll take care of my bristleworm army. 

F84021A8-7B8B-4691-AEA0-FE27F5CDD6E9.thumb.jpeg.77510e344130b690482ecf5f42dde4fa.jpeg

Also, moved Cruiser the female Mandy to the big tank because she had gotten pretty big. She seems happy in the SCA with new friends and no one bothers her while she cruises around. 

Found this adorable little guy with no name as yet. Hope he does well and stays away from the elegance whom I shall name Karen.  I feel certain Karen would eat him no questions asked. 
664C62F9-8E9F-44EC-9CAF-4A6C90C67A01.thumb.jpeg.0c85169dcb41030cb8009a3d4203107f.jpeg
E873444F-4250-4A0D-9A9F-7A2279ACA57A.thumb.jpeg.8f714fa59dc545c7ed134d4d6db58100.jpeg

The new guy is cute. 😊

• Thanks 1
ECLS Reefer
8 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

The new guy is cute. 😊

He’s cute and teeny weeny. After seeing Karen whoop those bristle worms’ butts I’m concerned for the little dude. So far he’s stayed in safe places. She may end up needing to rehome in the possible you know what that may appear soonish. 

• Like 3
  • ECLS Reefer changed the title to Sister Margarets School for Wayward Girls 13.5g Evo (June 2021 TOTM). Random Update with Foto