ReefCleaners.org

ECLS Reefer

Brace yourselves, lots of pictures coming! 

Little Interceptor, the new baby male mandarin is doing well, eating and doing his pod hunting thing. He’s sooooooo cute!!

Karen the elegance was renamed Carole by the husband. He’s still stuck on Tiger King.

The blue/green leptastrea is looking amazing in there these days!! Already starting to spread off its base and onto the rock surface. Few other random tank shots.

• Like 3
  • ECLS Reefer changed the title to Sister Margarets School for Wayward Girls 13.5g Evo 🦐 Coming up on the year mark already!!
ECLS Reefer

Random shots from the Evo. Just realized last night that this little tank will be a year old next week!!!

• Like 4
  • ECLS Reefer changed the title to Sister Margarets School for Wayward Girls 13.5g Evo 🦐 ONE YEAR!!
ECLS Reefer

Today is the Evo’s birthday!!!!!! 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼🎉🎉🎉🎂🎂🎂🎉🎉🎉 

It’s done so well and I’m so proud of it! 

• Like 8
  • ECLS Reefer changed the title to Sister Margarets School for Wayward Girls 13.5g Evo 🦐 Happy ONE YEAR BIRTHDAY!!!!
Nano sapiens
9 hours ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

Congrats!  The first year is typically the toughest and it looks like things are going well 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
6 hours ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

Yay!! 😄

• Like 1
ECLS Reefer
21 minutes ago, Snow_Phoenix said:

Holly, this tank is amazing. Congrats on hitting the one-year mark. 😊👍

Thanks it did have it’s ugly phase at the beginning but it hung in there! 

• Like 3
Snow_Phoenix
18 minutes ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

Thanks it did have it’s ugly phase at the beginning but it hung in there! 

Every single reeftank I've known of always hits an ugly phase or runs into a problem one way or another. Simply put, no tank is perfect. But I love your Evo - I think it's really colorful, and you can see some growth in here. Which is good. 🙂 

• Like 3
ECLS Reefer
1 hour ago, Snow_Phoenix said:

Every single reeftank I've known of always hits an ugly phase or runs into a problem one way or another. Simply put, no tank is perfect. But I love your Evo - I think it's really colorful, and you can see some growth in here. Which is good. 🙂 

Thank you!!

• Like 3
ECLS Reefer

Evo is trucking along as usual. Fed Carol a silverside tonight and she greedily took it. Dilly has decided to host the red goniopora in the center of the tank, and good to say he’s not bothering it too much with his luv. 

• Like 3
ECLS Reefer

Carol really liked her silverside pieces. All you can see is the little tail sticking out of her maw 😳

IMG_1984.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Wow 1
ECLS Reefer

Don’t have any pictures at the moment but gotta say, it’s always nice to see a baby mandy fatten up and start to grow. Both Interceptor and Cruiser in the big tank have put on good weight. Guess my brine and pod growing is working 😊

• Like 5
  • 2 weeks later...
ECLS Reefer

The Evo is doing well though the poccillopora are bleaching. It’s strange though because the polyps are all fully extended yet it’s bleaching around them. Such a bummer because they’d been doing so well. 

• Like 2
ECLS Reefer

The Evo is doing well, with only the pocillopora riding the struggle bus. It’s bleached, but still has good polyp extension 🤔🤔 Very strange. 

Dilly is still in love with his red goniopora. 

The pinwheel plate is actually putting on some growth, and is looking great! The little brain coral also has gotten bigger and more full looking with great color. Got a baby frogspawn to take up the space vacated by Carol Baskin the elegance, which I loved to the 120g. 

• Like 5
ECLS Reefer

Also, good news in that I found an online berghia nudibranch dealer, since nobody nearby has any for sale. This poor tank is about overrun- the zoas are mad, the plate moved away from them, and the aiptasias keep stretching out to move and keep MULTIPLYING 😱. Since Dewie the file fish died I had to find something. Hope to get these guys in this week. 

• Like 3
10 minutes ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

Also, good news in that I found an online berghia nudibranch dealer, since nobody nearby has any for sale. This poor tank is about overrun- the zoas are mad, the plate moved away from them, and the aiptasias keep stretching out to move and keep MULTIPLYING 😱. Since Dewie the file fish died I had to find something. Hope to get these guys in this week. 

Good luck with the nudis!

🤞 Hope they arrive quickly, alive, and get to work!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
ECLS Reefer
On 6/30/2020 at 11:39 AM, kimberbee said:

Good luck with the nudis!

🤞 Hope they arrive quickly, alive, and get to work!!

So, got six nudis in and split them between this tank and the little Challenge tank, and they ALL promptly disappeared. Not a single sighting. Dont know if they're alive or have experienced the nudi rapture or what. This poor tank is OVERRUN with aiptasia suddenly so I guess I'm going to have to get more. ☹️☹️

• Like 1
ECLS Reefer

FTS of the Evo. Found at least two of the nudis- while I haven’t seen any aiptasia disappear, they are running away from the nudis so there’s that. 

Corals are looking good and the pocillopora seem to be making a come back. 

• Like 4
  • ECLS Reefer changed the title to Sister Margarets School for Wayward Girls 13.5g Evo 🦐
ECLS Reefer

This GSP has gone nuts spreading over the rock surface. And the sunset monti is slowly starting to stretch out. Over all this tank is just keeping on, keeping on. A little sad that the pistol shrimp and antenna goby have become snobs and taken up residence on the back side of the center rock, so I never see the shrimp anymore and only rarely see the goby snatching food. Bummer because they were fun to watch together and now they're being recluses.

_DSC0214.jpeg

_DSC0215.jpeg

_DSC0216.jpeg

_DSC0221.jpeg

_DSC0217.jpeg

_DSC0220.jpeg

• Like 5
  • 2 weeks later...
ECLS Reefer

FTS of the Evo- it’s doing super well these days - going on three weeks for a water change though I’ll probably do one tomorrow- have diatoms showing up on the sand and it’s ugly. But the corals are looking GREAT. 

All four fish are doing amazing as well- both black ice clowns (Billy and Dilly), the red mandarin Interceptor and the antenna goby Bonnie. Never see Clyde the pistol but he’s in there- he snaps up a storm at dinner and nightfall. This tank has fallen into a good stride. 

9FB2D3CF-A9BA-42EA-8B53-4D4BDF63C4C6.jpeg

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...
ECLS Reefer

This tank is a ray of hope in an otherwise awful week for my reef keeping hobby. It’s doing well, stuff is growing, and I added a coral today that I’ve been wanting for a while. Probably the only other one I will get too- I know the back of the tank is empty but it’s hard to see anyway so I don’t bother with stuff back there. Added a small gold torch, and I can’t wait to see the euphyllia, zoas and GSP fill in. 

• Like 4
ECLS Reefer
2 minutes ago, jack1978 said:

tank looks pretty!

Yeah this one and the little challenge tank look good coral-wise. I just can’t keep fish in the challenge tank since that heater exploded. Not sure what’s wrong with it. Got a little UV sterilizer for it too but haven’t put it in yet. May have to fallow it like the big tank. 

It’s nice having one tank with happy animals. 

• Sad 1
growsomething

I love that goni in the middle.  If it grows bigger and fills in the middle it will look great framed by the green gsp or carpet anemone looking things on either side.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • ECLS Reefer changed the title to Sister Margarets School for Wayward Girls 13.5g Evo (June 2021 TOTM). Random Update with Foto