Dirté Sanchez
20 minutes ago, growsomething said:

I love that goni in the middle.  If it grows bigger and fills in the middle it will look great framed by the green gsp or carpet anemone looking things on either side.

It’s a fantastic goni!! The clownfish love that thing. I’m just happy it doesn’t get over loved and stay closed up. I can’t wait for this tank to fill in. 

• Like 1

Dirté Sanchez

Every day I wake up and watch these clowns fuss over their red goni. And they’re getting super feisty about me putting my hand in the tank, even if to stir sand or adjust something knocked over by a snail. Thankfully they don’t bully Interceptor, but they’re pretty obnoxious about their territory, which happens to be the entire center of the tank. Today it was the whole tank, while I fixed the wave pump. If Billy bites me, I may have to flick her right in the face.

Otherwise, only one zoa refuses to open, and I *think* it is the Orion’s Belt one. Either that or the orange bam bam. I hope it’ll come around. The others are doing pretty well. Decided to try growing stuff on the wall today to put the blue green leptastrea on the wall, got a new strawberry crush cyphastrea, a Tubbs stellata and a rainbow monti. I have high hopes. This tank never wants to grow coralline so maybe these corals will take off. 

The euphyllia are starting to take off and it’s super gratifying. The gold torch I got a few weeks ago is starting to color up a bit so I’m excited to see how that will mature out. 

Oh yeah and my new blue flame favia 🤩🤩🤩. I’m in love, holy cow. 

• Like 2

debbeach13

Well this all sounds good. Need more pictures of every you describe.

Dirté Sanchez
58 minutes ago, debbeach13 said:

Well this all sounds good. Need more pictures of every you describe.

You can scroll through the IG photos in that link, or is it not posting correctly? You don’t have to have IG to see the pictures in that format. 

• Like 1

debbeach13

I always forget to to just swipe

• Haha 2

Dirté Sanchez

Caught a couple of shots with Interceptor in the open- he usually still runs away from people near the tank. He’s still pretty teeny weeny but he’s a chonky little dude. I assume he’s eating the broadcast food I give the clowns because I can’t believe there’s that many pods left in there anymore, yet he’s getting thick. Good sign though 

3167AD6A-F2F2-48D6-90F4-415295B1BFA7.jpeg

DAC6EC2F-931E-4E36-B954-14D6AE062169.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Wow 1

Snow_Phoenix
16 minutes ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

Caught a couple of shots with Interceptor in the open- he usually still runs away from people near the tank. He’s still pretty teeny weeny but he’s a chonky little dude. I assume he’s eating the broadcast food I give the clowns because I can’t believe there’s that many pods left in there anymore, yet he’s getting thick. Good sign though 

3167AD6A-F2F2-48D6-90F4-415295B1BFA7.jpeg

DAC6EC2F-931E-4E36-B954-14D6AE062169.jpeg

He's adorable. 🥰

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Dirté Sanchez

Haven’t updated this in a bit. Got a couple new FTS- it’s going to grow out bright and pretty in there 😍

62999F24-959C-428B-B141-2C8805581F94.thumb.jpeg.4bbb3c0465bd55b254d62c09f1573f73.jpeg

A0748BE3-44A6-4919-B66F-24028F627BE9.thumb.jpeg.c1bf5c433d72988fbc9308a48fc5a15a.jpeg

• Like 4

billygoat

It's been quite a few months since I checked in on this thread, but I have to say - wow! I remember you having quite a few stubborn issues back in the day, but they sure seem to have been resolved. This tank looks great! 😄

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Dirté Sanchez
37 minutes ago, billygoat said:

It's been quite a few months since I checked in on this thread, but I have to say - wow! I remember you having quite a few stubborn issues back in the day, but they sure seem to have been resolved. This tank looks great! 😄

Thank you! I don’t really do much in here and I’ve gotten my media routine down to only phosguard and carbon, with a small square of filter floss. I had some issues briefly with cyano on the sand bed but I’m guessing it was light induced. It went away with vigilant sand basting and time. Otherwise the only losses I’ve had are the goby disappearing (which may mean nothing- he’s been known to hide) and some zoas disappearing (they detached from their drag plugs and blew around the tank. Small chance they may still grow). 

Someday this tank is going to be so full and bright I won’t be able to see the fish. 

• Like 2

billygoat
2 hours ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

I don’t really do much in here and I’ve gotten my media routine down to only phosguard and carbon, with a small square of filter floss.

The more time I spend in this hobby, the more I realize that "not doing much" is basically the key to successful reefkeeping. 😁 Seriously, your tank looks fantastic. If anything I'd be worried that before too long you're going to have some coral wars on your hands, with everything growing and expanding as much as it is.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Dirté Sanchez
29 minutes ago, billygoat said:

The more time I spend in this hobby, the more I realize that "not doing much" is basically the key to successful reefkeeping. 😁 Seriously, your tank looks fantastic. If anything I'd be worried that before too long you're going to have some coral wars on your hands, with everything growing and expanding as much as it is.

Yeah I suspect I’ll have work trimming stuff to keep it from melting it’s neighbor. The GSP is already encroaching on stuff in a couple places- the pocillopora and the acan echinata. It’ll be interesting to see who wins the acan/GSP fight.