Jump to content

Recommended Posts

jack1978

Tailspots are one of my favorites .... awesome little guys.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Dirté Sanchez
Just now, jack1978 said:

Tailspots are one of my favorites .... awesome little guys.

This one is pretty feisty- I’ve been watching him remotely from this camping trip and he’s holding his own with the clowns. They seem to like blennies- they killed every goby I put in there.

Share this post


Link to post
jack1978
3 minutes ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

This one is pretty feisty- I’ve been watching him remotely from this camping trip and he’s holding his own with the clowns. They seem to like blennies- they killed every goby I put in there.

Yeah, they have plenty of character and act like they're 3x their size.

 

Clowns are dicks (I like them though) the 13 gallon tank might be too small for them to leave their neighbors alone ...... they're kinda like the RTF of the fish kingdom. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Wow 1

Share this post


Link to post
Dirté Sanchez
Just now, jack1978 said:

Yeah, they have plenty of character and act like they're 3x their size.

 

Clowns are dicks (I like them though) the 13 gallon tank might be too small for them to leave their neighbors alone ...... they're kinda like the RTF of the fish kingdom. 

I’m not sure what their problem is with gobies, except they rejected every single one. They really liked El Diablo, so I figured another blenny would be okay. This one is funny to watch- he was the best eater in their tank and they recommended him over a bicolor because of his hardiness.

Share this post


Link to post
jack1978
1 minute ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

I’m not sure what their problem is with gobies, except they rejected every single one. They really liked El Diablo, so I figured another blenny would be okay. This one is funny to watch- he was the best eater in their tank and they recommended him over a bicolor because of his hardiness.

Clowns are dicks. 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
jack1978

I had a pretty pair ..... phantom and a picasso I think..... they grew up together, the phantom one day decided not to share the nem and killed the picasso.... who was much larger. 

  • Like 1
  • Wow 1

Share this post


Link to post
Dirté Sanchez
57 minutes ago, jack1978 said:

I had a pretty pair ..... phantom and a picasso I think..... they grew up together, the phantom one day decided not to share the nem and killed the picasso.... who was much larger. 

Yeah my black snowflake clown female has started biting like a bizzotch in the big tank. I make sure to wear gloves anyway while handling that big sebae but you can feel her sharp nip through the gloves- thank god they’re vet gloves up to the shoulder. She’d tear up my arm if it was just gloves to the wrist. 

 

The two in my Evo are black ice clowns and haven’t been aggressive yet, but then they have refused to host anything so far, so nothing to defend.

Share this post


Link to post
Amphrites

Nobody believes me when I say clownfish are, by far, the most aggressive and nasty damselfish out there lol, I need to start bookmarking these threads so I have some links to throw at people.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
StinkyBunny
19 minutes ago, Amphrites said:

Nobody believes me when I say clownfish are, by far, the most aggressive and nasty damselfish out there lol, I need to start bookmarking these threads so I have some links to throw at people.

M had a pair in her 60 cube that were named Bobbie and Clyde, those 2 assholes earned that name. Bonnie would bite the shit out of me every time I put my hand in her tank, miserable bitch. I won't keep Percs other than to sell, my Orange skunks are OK unless they're guarding eggs and then they'll take a swat at me.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
spectra
3 hours ago, Amphrites said:

Nobody believes me when I say clownfish are, by far, the most aggressive and nasty damselfish out there lol, I need to start bookmarking these threads so I have some links to throw at people.

Clowns suck.................

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Amphrites
7 hours ago, spectra said:

Clowns suck.................

Nah, captive-bred occy are still some of the most interesting and long-lived fish out there, but all clowns can get really mean and I've never understood the double-standard lol.

 

It gets even nuttier with all the threads about people being (totally fine) with risking angels or other questionable fish in their tank and loosing 100's in corals overnight, just to shrug it off, but if a damsel beats up its' neighbor in an overstocked bio-cube they're the worst fish out there.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
spectra
59 minutes ago, Amphrites said:

Nah, captive-bred occy are still some of the most interesting and long-lived fish out there, but all clowns can get really mean and I've never understood the double-standard lol.

 

It gets even nuttier with all the threads about people being (totally fine) with risking angels or other questionable fish in their tank and loosing 100's in corals overnight, just to shrug it off, but if a damsel beats up its' neighbor in an overstocked bio-cube they're the worst fish out there.

nope I still hate clowns............had them before and nope never again.............people can have them nippers kind if like those little ankle biting dogs but thats another story :lol:

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
StinkyBunny
4 hours ago, Amphrites said:

Nah, captive-bred occy are still some of the most interesting and long-lived fish out there, but all clowns can get really mean and I've never understood the double-standard lol.

 

It gets even nuttier with all the threads about people being (totally fine) with risking angels or other questionable fish in their tank and loosing 100's in corals overnight, just to shrug it off, but if a damsel beats up its' neighbor in an overstocked bio-cube they're the worst fish out there.

I've never had an issue with large angels in a reef, but Centropyges are no bueno in a reef. I've had more PMs, bitching and questions about putting them in a reef. Sri Lanka or African angels have rarely picked at corals in my tanks.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Amphrites

Nine-times out of ten it's the dwarf angels people want to throw in their tanks while falling for "another fish" syndrome though XD

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
StinkyBunny
1 hour ago, Amphrites said:

Nine-times out of ten it's the dwarf angels people want to throw in their tanks while falling for "another fish" syndrome though XD

There are some that are OK, but not the super colourful ones everyone wants, read Flame angels. If you have a Flame and a Tridacna clam, you have a problem, well, your clam has a problem. The ONLY dwarf angel I've never had an issue with is CB angels out of The Philippines. Never had an issue with Emporers out of Sri Lanka or Africa.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
StinkyBunny
1 hour ago, Amphrites said:

Nine-times out of ten it's the dwarf angels people want to throw in their tanks while falling for "another fish" syndrome though XD

Another thing people don't realize and I got taught the hard way is that gill spine, it'll rip you wide open quickly. If you corner an angel or tang, you better be protected or be prepared to deal with the consequences. And always remember that a tang's spine is venomous.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Dirté Sanchez
15 minutes ago, StinkyBunny said:

Another thing people don't realize and I got taught the hard way is that gill spine, it'll rip you wide open quickly. If you corner an angel or tang, you better be protected or be prepared to deal with the consequences. And always remember that a tang's spine is venomous.

Well, good to know but we are tang-less now, and not sure I'll go for another one. Obviously there's just not enough swimming area for one in the SCA since an immature one turned aggressive. But had noticed that angels are like bream with the spine. 

Share this post


Link to post
StinkyBunny
1 hour ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

Well, good to know but we are tang-less now, and not sure I'll go for another one. Obviously there's just not enough swimming area for one in the SCA since an immature one turned aggressive. But had noticed that angels are like bream with the spine. 

I had a Purple tang in my 50 cube for almost 3 years with no issues. I don't like the temperament of Yellow tangs, too flighty. A Blue Eyed Bristletooth would be OK for a year or so unless you can get hold of a tiny one.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Dirté Sanchez

I was thinking another type of angel since that CBA died and now that Potters angel. Was thinking a lemon peel? Or the other kind of yellow? Or how about- what type of angel would be good besides a CBA? I’ll go that route again if nothing else is gonna work. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Dirté Sanchez

This tank is still fairly ugly, but at least its been pretty stable lately. The fish have all been getting along-in fact the TSB seems to keep the clowns in line. The three of them have been doing well and are quite the trio to watch.

 

IMG_5597.thumb.jpg.2a381992e1858a9db65337c9c4152b07.jpg

 

Billy and Dilly the black ice clown pair

 

IMG_5591.thumb.jpeg.4fd7b020831b6b4215905357ad51f591.jpeg

 

Willy the tail spot blend

 

IMG_5596.thumb.jpg.4e06ee805d8191efc97f0f4bf9b86adf.jpgIMG_5594.thumb.jpg.0a2bb9fd14f6ebea9c9b0dbe96499590.jpg

 

Billy is never too far from Willy-- they all three seem to be a good group.

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Dirté Sanchez

Took a toothbrush to the algae deposits in here with the water change. It took some of it off but it seems to be battling back. Lurch the urchin needs to get on it. Guess I'm gonna have to work harder on the phosphates issue.

 

IMG_5760.thumb.jpeg.9aa7f4c296df318295547b79b84cc387.jpegIMG_5758.thumb.jpeg.4a20df0a277fb9c64828658546c27125.jpeg

IMG_5759.jpeg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Dirté Sanchez

Willy is like a little pot bellied pig these days. He even swam INTO the feeding cup today to get at the food. Silly blenny!!!

 

IMG_5865.thumb.jpeg.b49b486dd7d1becae241466e4c4451e3.jpeg

 

IMG_5856.thumb.jpeg.934447301695ab1a82927a4842706e2c.jpeg

 

IMG_5860.thumb.jpeg.71ad10c5e6aa7608cec48baedb10236b.jpeg

 

IMG_5859.thumb.jpeg.3714217a29e8ed01fe71d227ea3c2a84.jpeg

 

Billy and Dilly looking bright and pretty.

 

Oh and Lurch the Urchin....

 

IMG_5851.thumb.jpeg.54c2e10344159083e36817557e2a217b.jpeg

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Ratvan

Oh he's a chubby little Tail Spot! 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Dirté Sanchez
1 hour ago, Ratvan said:

Oh he's a chubby little Tail Spot! 

Willy likes his groceries, a lot! ūüėä

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Dirté Sanchez

Finally got my ClearView Lid in today!!! It looks awesome- so much cleaner and bright. So happy with it!! 
 

 

FF4C852C-4D34-48A5-A9E3-CD5FA95F2CF4.jpeg

0BF1D693-5A2B-47C8-BC70-8C746AEFD8D5.jpeg

9A159D71-33D6-4612-8F70-4868D7122512.jpeg

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recommended Discussions

√ó
√ó
  • Create New...