Pod Your Reef

6 minutes ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

Anyone able to ID these two new hard corals I have in the Evo? Some type of red monti but not sure about the green one. Both doing well though with growth on the red one! The new light is kicking some butt in there!

Looks like leptastrea

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
ECLS Reefer
7 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

Looks like leptastrea

Do you remember, is that the same thing you told me was the purple plating one in the big tank? I just posted a picture of it too but I can't remember what it's called-whatever it is I got a second one that more red/orange next to it.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

Do you remember, is that the same thing you told me was the purple plating one in the big tank? I just posted a picture of it too but I can't remember what it's called-whatever it is I got a second one that more red/orange next to it.

I dont remember. 

• 2 weeks later...
ECLS Reefer

Evo is doing well. The mandarin eats frozen so huge relief! Also picked up some GSP to spread over the center rock which is dead center of the light intensity. Everything else but the mean acan hates that spot. 

E15FF640-E986-4B5D-8EF5-CBF9000736C2.thumb.jpeg.e10947f421428d4faba990322fdc5aaf.jpeg

• Like 3
ECLS Reefer
1 minute ago, Amphrites said:

Really hard to tell, could be; litho chalice, psammacora, purple pavona, or maybe leptastrea.

Well whatever it is, its always hard to get a good picture of, unfortunately. But it's starting to spread right off its frag plug onto the rock beneath, which is good. I need to find some of it to put in the EVO.

• Like 1
ECLS Reefer

Decided to take a big leap and add some legit SPS to the Evo. Got a strawberry staghorn and a sunrise milliopora. Also a sunset monti and tropic thunder monti. All but the tropic thunder looked great soon as they went in the tank, and I hope they continue to do even better.

• Like 2
  • Wow 2
4 hours ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

Decided to take a big leap and add some legit SPS to the Evo. Got a strawberry staghorn and a sunrise milliopora. Also a sunset monti and tropic thunder monti. All but the tropic thunder looked great soon as they went in the tank, and I hope they continue to do even better.

Damn those are some nice Frags, will be following this for the Milli progression

• Like 1
ECLS Reefer
6 hours ago, Ratvan said:

Damn those are some nice Frags, will be following this for the Milli progression

I hope they do well. That tank has so much light now they can’t use it as an excuse to die. A lot of the coral suppliers are having sales from what I saw.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

I hope they do well. That tank has so much light now they can’t use it as an excuse to die. A lot of the coral suppliers are having sales from what I saw.

Ours are as well, but the postal service have already said due to the amount of online ordering 1-2 week delay on all postal orders...

• Sad 1
ECLS Reefer

The new stuff is still looking great save for the tropic thunder monti. It acts like it wants to bleach so I’ve been trying to find a place in the shade for it. Hope that helps. Otherwise everyone is growing and looking good!

• Like 2
ECLS Reefer

Got a new humongous colony of poccillopora today because I’m SOOOOOO bored and sick of my house and I was mad at the loss of my ruby scooter in the challenge tank. Boredom/stress buying is never good. 

Arranged frags in different spot today so we shall see how they like being off the sand bed. 

FTS

• Like 3
Snow_Phoenix
2 hours ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

Got a new humongous colony of poccillopora today because I’m SOOOOOO bored and sick of my house and I was mad at the loss of my ruby scooter in the challenge tank. Boredom/stress buying is never good. 

Arranged frags in different spot today so we shall see how they like being off the sand bed. 

FTS

Smaug II died? 😞

• Sad 2
ECLS Reefer
On 3/24/2020 at 1:42 AM, Snow_Phoenix said:

Smaug II died? 😞

He did. The LFS guy thinks it was because he got caught napping on the sand by the nassarius crew.

• Sad 1
ECLS Reefer

Got my new frag holders in from OceanBox Designs, and I love them! They’re perfectly small and I love the neon platforms so that they glow in the LEDs.

Tank is looking pretty good, if I do say so myself. 

• Like 2
ECLS Reefer

Made everything super mad yesterday by forgetting to turn the return pump on after feeding, so they went the whole night with no flow. Thank goodness the heater is in the display tank 😬. Stuff looks mostly happier today but had to move a small poccillopora frag away from another type of frag, not exactly sure of the type. But it kept going bad neighbor on the poccillopora with frag slime and making the poccillopora mad. Hopefully moving it will fix that. 

• Like 2
ECLS Reefer

Evo is not quite as happy as it was last week, and the staghorn is a bit unhappy. The Millie looks good and the poccillopora look crazy fabulous in there, even the frags from the challenge tank that were mad. Water chemistry revealed that the salinity was a bit higher than normal and the alk and calcium were down- adjusted the doser for more RF2 but left the calcium alone. Figure it will come up with appropriate alk. Raised the level of the ATO sensor to see if that helped the salinity. 

Otherwise it looks okay though the Duncan, and staghorn are mad and the goni not as extended as usual. Hope it all resolves with the small changes made.

• Like 3
ECLS Reefer

Need suggestions on how to keep the Staghorn happy. the milleopora is doing well but the stag has been mad for a few days now with a tiny bit of bleaching going down. Not sure why-tank chemistry has been holding steady and Ive been doing weekly water changes for this tank and the challenge tank. The only other coral that isn't super happy with life is the duncan, which USED to be happy with life. Any tips for keeping these dudes happy is appreciated.

• Like 2
ECLS Reefer

Caught these three on camera today- the antenna goby and his shrimp and Cruiser all decided to put in appearances. 

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
ECLS Reefer

What what?? Is it possible Billy and Dilly are expecting? Covid 19 self isolation baby clowns? 

Im no expert with determining fish pregnancies but she’s got a belly when she’s never been fat or even slightly plump like that in the past, so here’s hoping. 

• Like 3
  • ECLS Reefer changed the title to Sister Margarets School for Wayward Girls 13.5g Evo- 👹 Possible Covid-19 Self Isolation Clown Babys?
ECLS Reefer

Got the new corals in from @VividCorals!! Arranged the poccillopora frags around the tank and glued them down on rock surface. Freed up the frag holders for some of the new stuff, but found places for the zoas in the rocks. 

new corals: 

Mohawk palys

Kedds Reds zoas

Nirvana zoa

Superman monti

Blue polyp montipora digitata

Blue green leptastrea 

• Like 3
  • ECLS Reefer changed the title to Sister Margarets School for Wayward Girls 13.5g Evo (June 2021 TOTM). Random Update with Foto