SaltCritters.com

Just now, jack1978 said:

Tailspots are one of my favorites .... awesome little guys.

This one is pretty feisty- I’ve been watching him remotely from this camping trip and he’s holding his own with the clowns. They seem to like blennies- they killed every goby I put in there.

3 minutes ago, DirtΓ© Sanchez said:

This one is pretty feisty- I’ve been watching him remotely from this camping trip and he’s holding his own with the clowns. They seem to like blennies- they killed every goby I put in there.

Yeah, they have plenty of character and act like they're 3x their size.

Β 

Clowns are dicks (I like them though) the 13 gallon tank might be too small for them to leave their neighbors alone ...... they're kinda like the RTF of the fish kingdom.Β 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Wow 1
Just now, jack1978 said:

Yeah, they have plenty of character and act like they're 3x their size.

Β 

Clowns are dicks (I like them though) the 13 gallon tank might be too small for them to leave their neighbors alone ...... they're kinda like the RTF of the fish kingdom.Β 

I’m not sure what their problem is with gobies, except they rejected every single one. They really liked El Diablo, so I figured another blenny would be okay. This one is funny to watch- he was the best eater in their tank and they recommended him over a bicolor because of his hardiness.

1 minute ago, DirtΓ© Sanchez said:

I’m not sure what their problem is with gobies, except they rejected every single one. They really liked El Diablo, so I figured another blenny would be okay. This one is funny to watch- he was the best eater in their tank and they recommended him over a bicolor because of his hardiness.

Clowns are dicks.Β 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I had a pretty pair ..... phantom and a picasso I think..... they grew up together, the phantom one day decided not to share the nem and killed the picasso.... who was much larger.Β 

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
57 minutes ago, jack1978 said:

I had a pretty pair ..... phantom and a picasso I think..... they grew up together, the phantom one day decided not to share the nem and killed the picasso.... who was much larger.Β 

Yeah my black snowflake clown female has started biting like a bizzotch in the big tank. I make sure to wear gloves anyway while handling that big sebae but you can feel her sharp nip through the gloves- thank god they’re vet gloves up to the shoulder. She’d tear up my arm if it was just gloves to the wrist.Β 

Β 

The two in my Evo are black ice clowns and haven’t been aggressive yet, but then they have refused to hostΒ anything so far, so nothing to defend.

Nobody believes me when I say clownfish are, by far, the most aggressive and nasty damselfish out there lol, I need to start bookmarking these threads so I have some links to throw at people.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
19 minutes ago, Amphrites said:

Nobody believes me when I say clownfish are, by far, the most aggressive and nasty damselfish out there lol, I need to start bookmarking these threads so I have some links to throw at people.

M had a pair in her 60 cube that were named Bobbie and Clyde, those 2 assholes earned that name. Bonnie would bite the shit out of me every time I put my hand in her tank, miserable bitch. I won't keep Percs other than to sell, my Orange skunks are OK unless they're guarding eggs and then they'll take a swat at me.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Amphrites said:

Clowns suck.................

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1
7 hours ago, spectra said:

Clowns suck.................

Nah, captive-bred occy are still some of the most interesting and long-lived fish out there, but all clowns can get really mean and I've never understood the double-standard lol.

Β 

It gets even nuttier with all the threads about people being (totally fine) with risking angels or other questionable fish in their tank and loosing 100's in corals overnight, just to shrug it off, but if a damsel beats up its' neighbor in an overstocked bio-cube they're the worst fish out there.

• Like 2
59 minutes ago, Amphrites said:

Nah, captive-bred occy are still some of the most interesting and long-lived fish out there, but all clowns can get really mean and I've never understood the double-standard lol.

Β 

It gets even nuttier with all the threads about people being (totally fine) with risking angels or other questionable fish in their tank and loosing 100's in corals overnight, just to shrug it off, but if a damsel beats up its' neighbor in an overstocked bio-cube they're the worst fish out there.

nope I still hate clowns............had them before and nope never again.............people can have them nippers kind if like those little ankle biting dogs but thats another story :lol:

• Haha 2
4 hours ago, Amphrites said:

Β 

I've never had an issue with large angels in a reef, but Centropyges are no bueno in a reef. I've had more PMs, bitching and questions about putting them in a reef. Sri Lanka or African angels have rarely picked at corals in my tanks.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Amphrites said:

Nine-times out of ten it's the dwarf angels people want to throw in their tanks while falling for "another fish" syndrome though XD

There are some that are OK, but not the super colourful ones everyone wants, read Flame angels. If you have a Flame and a Tridacna clam, you have a problem, well, your clam has a problem. The ONLY dwarf angel I've never had an issue with is CB angels out of The Philippines. Never had an issue with Emporers out of Sri Lanka or Africa.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Amphrites said:

Nine-times out of ten it's the dwarf angels people want to throw in their tanks while falling for "another fish" syndrome though XD

Another thing people don't realize and I got taught the hard way is that gill spine, it'll rip you wide open quickly. If you corner an angel or tang, you better be protected or be prepared to deal with the consequences. And always remember that a tang's spine is venomous.

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, StinkyBunny said:

Another thing people don't realize and I got taught the hard way is that gill spine, it'll rip you wide open quickly. If you corner an angel or tang, you better be protected or be prepared to deal with the consequences. And always remember that a tang's spine is venomous.

Well, good to know but we are tang-less now, and not sure I'll go for another one. Obviously there's just not enough swimming area for one in the SCA since an immature one turned aggressive. But had noticed that angels are like bream with the spine.Β 

1 hour ago, DirtΓ© Sanchez said:

Well, good to know but we are tang-less now, and not sure I'll go for another one. Obviously there's just not enough swimming area for one in the SCA since an immature one turned aggressive. But had noticed that angels are like bream with the spine.Β 

I had a Purple tang in my 50 cube for almost 3 years with no issues. I don't like the temperament of Yellow tangs, too flighty. A Blue Eyed Bristletooth would be OK for a year or so unless you can get hold of a tiny one.

• Like 1

I was thinking another type of angel since that CBA died and now that Potters angel. Was thinking a lemon peel? Or the other kind of yellow? Or how about- what type of angel would be good besides a CBA? I’ll go that route again if nothing else is gonna work.Β 

• Like 1

This tank is still fairly ugly, but at least its been pretty stable lately. The fish have all been getting along-in fact the TSB seems to keep the clowns in line. The three of them have been doing well and are quite the trio to watch.

Β 

IMG_5597.thumb.jpg.2a381992e1858a9db65337c9c4152b07.jpg

Β 

Billy and Dilly the black ice clown pair

Β 

IMG_5591.thumb.jpeg.4fd7b020831b6b4215905357ad51f591.jpeg

Β 

Willy the tail spot blend

Β 

IMG_5596.thumb.jpg.4e06ee805d8191efc97f0f4bf9b86adf.jpgIMG_5594.thumb.jpg.0a2bb9fd14f6ebea9c9b0dbe96499590.jpg

Β 

Billy is never too far from Willy-- they all three seem to be a good group.

Β 

• Like 5

Took a toothbrush to the algae deposits in here with the water change. It took some of it off but it seems to be battling back. Lurch the urchin needs to get on it. Guess I'm gonna have to work harder on the phosphates issue.

Β 

IMG_5760.thumb.jpeg.9aa7f4c296df318295547b79b84cc387.jpegIMG_5758.thumb.jpeg.4a20df0a277fb9c64828658546c27125.jpeg

IMG_5759.jpeg

• Like 3

Willy is like a little pot bellied pig these days. He even swam INTO the feeding cup today to get at the food. Silly blenny!!!

Β 

IMG_5865.thumb.jpeg.b49b486dd7d1becae241466e4c4451e3.jpeg

Β 

IMG_5856.thumb.jpeg.934447301695ab1a82927a4842706e2c.jpeg

Β 

IMG_5860.thumb.jpeg.71ad10c5e6aa7608cec48baedb10236b.jpeg

Β 

IMG_5859.thumb.jpeg.3714217a29e8ed01fe71d227ea3c2a84.jpeg

Β 

Billy and Dilly looking bright and pretty.

Β 

Oh and Lurch the Urchin....

Β 

IMG_5851.thumb.jpeg.54c2e10344159083e36817557e2a217b.jpeg

• Like 4
  • ECLS Reefer changed the title to Sister Margarets School for Wayward Girls 13.5g Evo (June 2021 TOTM). Random Update with Foto