inTank Media Baskets

just finished fuge!

nanoninnie

I just finished making a fuge for my 10g out of a minibow5. I ended up spending about $80.00 which was more than i wanted to, but that included 12 lb of lr rubble and some plantlife to go in it. i thought it would be just as easy to mod the minibow as it would to make an acrylic fuge and then buy lighting. i got one of those 19w corkscrew bulbs that is 6500k for the minibow. i had to take out the reflector but it just fits. Im waiting for the pvc glue to dry now. ive got my fingers crossed and hope it is going to work. ill post some pics maybe this weekend when i can borrow a digital cam.

Sweet! Can't wait to see your pics!!! I am in the process of buying all the goods to turn my minibow 5 into a fuge. Can you list your expenses? add some pics? Tell us how you did it step by step? Thank you very much

I got 2 half inch bulkheads, some tubing and various pvc fitting, and a pan head bit. drilled 2 holes in the back near the top, put in the bulkheads hooked up the pipes and presto chango refugium. its hard to explain it it will be easier when i get the pics. i didnt put in baffles because i used the cheapo powerhead that comes with the minibow to pump water into tank. the tank is sitting behind my 10g, and about 4 inches higher. the only thing i wish i had done differently is drilled my return hole a little lower. the fuge is full to within about an inch and a half of the top. ill talk more about it when i post pics billy

Archived