Pod Your Reef

Reefnectar’s Mixed Reef IM 25g Lagoon

Reefnectar

Hey all!

Ive been in and out of this hobby since i was a kid, going on 15 years now. This site used to be one of my biggest resources for information and inspiration. Many good memories. I actually have old accounts on this page from my early years that are quite embarrassing to say the least 😂 

A few years ago i dove back in, not only as a hobby but as a job. I currently work at one of the top reef retailers in my area, so my exposure to coral is constant, and i am fortunate for that.

I figured i might as well present my system and re join these forums!   

Equipment: 

IM 25 Lagoon

IM APS Stand

24” ATI Sunpower x4 bulb

24” Reefbrite LED

Vortech mp10

Apex Jr (glorified light timer)

Tunze Osmolator 3155

Refugium powered by IM Chaetomax LED and InTank fuge basket 

Currently skimmerless but will be getting the DC NuvoSkim soon

Will also be upgrading return from MJ 900 to Sicce 1.5 with RFG nozzles 

Livestock:

around 15lbs live rock

15-20lbs live sand

Chaetomorpha

Assortment of home grown Banded Trochus snails

Couple Blue leg hermits

x2 Orange Lipped Conch

A ton of Nassarius snails

Emerald Crab

Sub male Diamondtail Flasher Wrasse

Springeri Damsel

Yellow Banded Possum Wrasse

Yellow Assessor 

Corals and other inverts include an assortment of palythoa and zoas, acans, favias, euphyllia, flower anemones, chalices, Maxima clams, montipora, mushrooms and various other LPS

Enjoy!

464C02DE-080C-4773-AD5A-D499C1E3EAB4.jpeg

BEDB9FD1-9C0D-4236-AA95-59FAC6022A68.jpeg

01C19FED-BB8A-4665-BD97-DE458BFCCABA.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Wow 7
2 minutes ago, Reefnectar said:

Hey all!

Ive been in and out of this hobby since i was a kid, going on 15 years now. This site used to be one of my biggest resources for information and inspiration. Many good memories. I actually have old accounts on this page from my early years that are quite embarrassing to say the least 😂 

A few years ago i dove back in, not only as a hobby but as a job. I currently work at one of the top reef retailers in my area, so my exposure to coral is constant, and i am fortunate for that.

I figured i might as well present my system and re join these forums!   

Equipment: 

IM 25 Lagoon

IM APS Stand

24” ATI Sunpower x4 bulb

24” Reefbrite LED

Vortech mp10

Apex Jr (glorified light timer)

Tunze Osmolator 3155

Refugium powered by IM Chaetomax LED and InTank fuge basket 

Currently skimmerless but will be getting the DC NuvoSkim soon

Will also be upgrading return from MJ 900 to Sicce 1.5 with RFG nozzles 

Livestock:

around 15lbs live rock

15-20lbs live sand

Chaetomorpha

Assortment of home grown Banded Trochus snails

Couple Blue leg hermits

x2 Orange Lipped Conch

A ton of Nassarius snails

Emerald Crab

Sub male Diamondtail Flasher Wrasse

Springeri Damsel

Yellow Banded Possum Wrasse

Yellow Assessor 

Corals and other inverts include an assortment of palythoa and zoas, acans, favias, euphyllia, flower anemones, chalices, Maxima clams, montipora, mushrooms and various other LPS

Enjoy!

464C02DE-080C-4773-AD5A-D499C1E3EAB4.jpeg

BEDB9FD1-9C0D-4236-AA95-59FAC6022A68.jpeg

01C19FED-BB8A-4665-BD97-DE458BFCCABA.jpeg

Welcome back,hell of a lagoon ya got for sure! I like the reds and oranges in the front!

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, pgrVII said:

Welcome back,hell of a lagoon ya got for sure! I like the reds and oranges in the front!

thank you! Happy to be back 🙂 

Im always fussing around with color combinations, so the current look is prone to alterations. But im enjoying as it is right now as well! 

• Like 2
Christopher Marks

Welcome back to the community @Reefnectar!

Seriously impressive nano reef, that's a stellar collection of coral and inverts! 😲 Lagoon tanks make for such nice layouts, how long has this one been up and running? Was it an upgrade from an earlier system?

21 hours ago, Christopher Marks said:

Welcome back to the community @Reefnectar!

Seriously impressive nano reef, that's a stellar collection of coral and inverts! 😲 Lagoon tanks make for such nice layouts, how long has this one been up and running? Was it an upgrade from an earlier system?

Thanks! Good to be back 🙂

this system has been up for going on 10 months now i think. My last tank was the nuvo 20, and i had nano cubes and such before that. Always been a nano reefer 🙂 

6 hours ago, Fernzpat said:

1st post.  I am in early process of planning a 25G IM Lagoon tank.  I hope mine looks like yours someday!

You’re gonna love it! Great dimensions to play around with depth and placement 

• Like 1
HookedOnAquariums

Nice tank. Would love to see how it matures. And if you got that chalice as mummy eye, good on you, looks like one of those 400 dollar ones. 

Edit: I’m also considering a 25 lagoon. Would use it as a frag tank tho.

• Like 1
46 minutes ago, HookedOnAquariums said:

Nice tank. Would love to see how it matures. And if you got that chalice as mummy eye, good on you, looks like one of those 400 dollar ones. 

Edit: I’m also considering a 25 lagoon. Would use it as a frag tank tho.

Thanks! Curious myself to see how it’s going to look in another year. Im fairly confident its a 3g mummy eye or tyree. Unsure, don’t care much. I just know its a spectacular specimen 😂 and I definitely recommend it! Great tanks

1 hour ago, HiImSean said:

What bulb combo are you using in the ATI?

x2 blue+ x1 actinic x1 coral plus

1 hour ago, Aquarium Care Center said:

well I can't help but follow along to see how this one evolves! Nice setup.

Thanks a bunch!!

Happy maintenance Monday everyone! 

Updates: introduced my first acro into the tank! Its an ASD Sunset Mille frag i got off a buddies massive colony in his 300g sps dom. If this does well, a couple more nice acropora are on the list. 

05A822B0-6ABA-4DA7-99AB-9583C7A6554D.jpeg

15D85F02-217B-4A1F-8BEE-27F25F6C8603.jpeg

• Wow 5
5 minutes ago, Christopher Marks said:

Simply stunning! That sunset millepora is an awesome addition too. What's that SPS coral in the upper right of the tank?

How long have you had the maxima clams in your reef?

Thank you! That is a Montipora Setosa

Ive had the maxima on top for around 6 months, the little one on the sand is a newer addition of around a month or so. It had a tough start 😞 conchs kept knocking it into my flower nems, so its been a little PO’d

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, DreC80 said:

Very nice!  Looks like you've gotten good growth on that setosa.  Mine grows extremely slow.

Thanks! It wasn’t always doing so well. Had a month or so of paleness and zero growth but then it exploded out of nowhere. Noticeable daily growth 🙂  Loving the shape of it as well, super knuckly and gnarly 

• Like 1
On 2/18/2019 at 4:38 PM, Reefnectar said:

Some shots i took today after maintenance Monday 😎 my ever changing acan garden and this funky OG Mummy eye 

BE5F5040-167B-4549-89A1-3BED62E5B976.jpeg

932FB831-FCB7-45DD-BF87-939A3766D166.jpeg

B3A2C17D-3CF1-48EF-84AA-B8C08D2F8EA8.jpeg

Beautiful Reef! You have excellent taste in corals. Also, this is a great rock scape (not too much IMO).

I really like the IM 25 Lagoon. Great choice! Love the shots of the tank btw. Thanks for sharing.

• Like 1